|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of African equids does Harry see when he looks out over the plains in the beginning of the story?
2. What war was Harry fighting in when he was in Anatolia?
(a) World War I
(b) World War II
(c) The French and Spanish War
(d) The Korean War
3. What term does the narrator use in describing the police that followed the deserter to the woodcutter’s cabin in Harry’s flashback?
4. What does Harry recall “them” giving the deserter who arrived with the police right behind him in his flashback to living at the woodcutter’s house?
(a) A rifle
(b) A blanket
(c) A thrashing
(d) Wool socks
5. Who does Harry consider “were dull and they drank too much, or they played too much backgammon”?
(d) The rich
Short Answer Questions
1. In Harry’s flashback to fleeing from a British gunner subaltern with a woman, they spend the night together and the next morning Harry arrives where “with a black eye, carrying his coat because one sleeve was missing”?
2. In one of Harry’s flashbacks, he recalls talking to a member of the Kaiser Jägers above the saw-mill about the fighting on what mountain?
3. When Harry begins dictating to his companion, he describes a bell on a pole by the door of the log house used to do what?
4. The Hôtel de Crillon is located at the foot of what famous street?
5. Williamson is described as “a fat man, very brave, and a good officer, although addicted to” what?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)