|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affliction has Harry contracted in “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”?
2. The Dada movement began in approximately what year?
3. Compton watches for holes made by what animals as he prepares to take off in the plane at the end of the story?
4. What word, meaning a wine parlor, does the narrator use when describing the setting of Schrunz in Harry’s flashback?
(b) Vin de Syrah
5. In one flashback, Harry recalls “the man who had the fox to sell when they had walked into” what town?
(b) St. Gallen
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Harry’s female companion have?
2. The bicycle racer that Harry describes to his dictating companion is said to have won what place in the Paris-Tours?
3. In Harry’s flashback to fleeing from a British gunner subaltern with a woman, they get into a taxi and go to what location along the Bosphorus?
4. What is the name of Harry’s female companion in “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”?
5. What French word does the narrator use to describe drunkenness in the narrative?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)