|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the narrative refers to the act or condition of giving tacit assent, agreement, or consent by silence or without objection?
2. Of his female companion, Harry thinks to himself as she returns to camp, “she was not pretty, but he liked her” what?
3. Of what does the narrator say Harry had sold “in one form or another, all his life and when your affections are not too involved you give much better value for the money”?
4. In what part of his body is Harry afflicted in the story?
(a) His right arm
(b) His left arm
(c) His right leg
(d) His left leg
5. In one flashback, Harry recalls “the man who had the fox to sell when they had walked into” what town?
(c) St. Gallen
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Harry make to his companion before saying, “That’s poetry. I’m full of poetry now. Rot and poetry. Rotten poetry”?
2. When Harry awakens in the evening, the African servant tells him that his companion has gone to do what?
3. Harry tells his mistress in the story, “Love is a dunghill. And I’m the” what?
4. Who does Harry’s companion call for when she awakens at the end of the story?
5. Of Harry and his mistress, the narrator says, “It was not her fault that when he went to her he was” what?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)