|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In one of Harry’s flashbacks, he recalls talking to a member of the Kaiser Jägers above the saw-mill about the attack on Perticara and where?
2. When recalling his heartbreak over losing his first, lost love, Harry recalls picking up a girl outside of what Parisian restaurant?
(a) Jean George’s
(d) The Four Seasons
3. As his companion dictates, Harry describes renting a trout stream after the war. Harry says that what individual had a fine fishing season that year?
(a) A ski instructor
(b) A schoolteacher
(c) A butcher
(d) A hotel proprietor
4. As Harry describes his past for his companion to dictate in the second half of the story, he describes the husband of the woman who ran the Bal Musette as having what occupation?
(a) He was a taxidermist
(b) He was a taxi driver
(c) He was a butcher
(d) He was a military general
5. What affliction has Harry contracted in “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the log house that Harry describes to his companion as she dictates in the second half of the story?
2. What kind of plane does Compton arrive in at the end of the story?
3. The narrator says of Harry in the second half of the story, “So this was how you died, in whispers that you” what?
4. Compton tells Harry at the end of the story that he’ll have to stop where to refuel?
5. What is Harry’s mistress’s reply when he says in the beginning of the story, “I don’t want to move. There is no sense in moving now except to make it easier for you”?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)