|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Harry’s flashback to living in the woodcutter’s house, he recalls sleeping on mattresses filled with what?
(a) Tobacco leaves
(b) Palm leaves
(c) Beech leaves
(d) Juniper leaves
2. Who does Harry consider “were dull and they drank too much, or they played too much backgammon”?
(d) The rich
3. How are the flashbacks into Harry’s past delineated from the rest of the narrative in “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”?
(a) They are in boldface
(b) They are in quotations
(c) They are in parentheses
(d) They are italicized
4. Harry’s mistress tells him in the beginning of the story that Black’s Medical Dictionary says that what is bad for him in his condition?
(c) Laying still
5. The author’s preface to “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” states that Mount Kilimanjaro is how many feet high?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what title does the African servant refer to Harry’s female companion in the story?
2. When Harry begins dictating to his companion, he describes a log house, chinked with what on a hill above the lake?
3. Harry’s mistress tells him in the beginning of “The Snows of Kilimanjaro,” “You can’t die if you don’t” what?
4. Harry tells his companion in the evening as they sit by the fire, “You know the only thing I've never lost is” what?
5. Schwarzwald is a wooded mountain range located in the southwest of what country?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)