|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry’s mistress tells him in the beginning of “The Snows of Kilimanjaro,” “You can’t die if you don’t” what?
(a) Try to
(b) Want to
(d) Give up
2. What composer does Harry say to his companion “wrote the words and music. This knowledge that you’re going mad for me”?
(a) Cole Porter
(b) Franz Joseph Haydn
(c) Stephen Sondheim
(d) Irving Berlin
3. When recalling his first, lost love, Harry recalls writing to tell her that he thought he saw her outside of what location and “it made him go all faint and sick inside”?
(a) The Capital
(b) The Pentagon
(c) The Regence
(d) The Louvre
4. What word from the narrative refers to the act or condition of giving tacit assent, agreement, or consent by silence or without objection?
5. Who is described in Harry’s flashback as having “lost it all” while playing cards by lantern light during a blizzard at the mountain huts by Schrunz?
(a) Herr Hans
(b) Herr Lent
(c) Herr Williamson
(d) Herr Julian
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of African equids does Harry see when he looks out over the plains in the beginning of the story?
2. The narrator says that Harry “had chosen to make his living with something else instead of” what?
3. Schwarzwald is a wooded mountain range located in the southwest of what country?
4. Tristan Tzara is described in Harry’s Paris flashback as wearing what?
5. Harry scratched himself where on his body, leading to his current condition?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)