|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman that Harry took “away from a British gunner subaltern after a row” in one of his flashbacks is described as being from where?
2. When dictating to his companion, Harry describes riding a bike up the only asphalted street in his quarter of Paris which led to a tall hotel where who had died?
(a) Paul Verlaine
(b) Marie Antoinette
(c) Marie LeVeaux
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte
3. When Harry offers Compton breakfast at the end of the story, Compton only accepts what?
4. Harry’s companion tells him when she returns from hunting, “The boys have the wood all ready and the grass to make” what?
(a) The beds
(b) The hut
(c) The smudge
(d) The gurney
5. Where does Harry describe renting a trout stream after the war as his companion dictates?
(a) The Redwood Forest
(b) The Aspen Forest
(c) The White Forest
(d) The Black Forest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the phrase “Sans Voir” from the story translate to in English?
2. The name of the western summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro translates to what in English, according to the author’s preface to the story?
3. What war was Harry fighting in when he was in Anatolia?
4. Harry tells the woman in the beginning of the story that the vultures appeared the day that what happened?
5. Who is described as having been in the Kaiser Jägers and later went hunting hares with Harry in a flashback in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)