|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When dictating to his companion, Harry describes riding a bike up the only asphalted street in his quarter of Paris which led to a tall hotel where who had died?
(a) Marie LeVeaux
(b) Paul Verlaine
(c) Napoleon Bonaparte
(d) Marie Antoinette
2. What river runs through Paris?
(a) The River Seine
(b) The River Esplanade
(c) The River Elise
(d) The River Thames
3. Harry scratched himself as he and his companion were moving forward to photograph what animals?
4. What is the name of Harry’s female companion in “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”?
5. Perticara is a town located in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the narrative refers to the act or condition of giving tacit assent, agreement, or consent by silence or without objection?
2. Where does Harry describe renting a trout stream after the war as his companion dictates?
3. What is Harry’s mistress’s reply when he says in the beginning of the story, “I don’t want to move. There is no sense in moving now except to make it easier for you”?
4. What do the two boys have slung and carry as they follow Harry’s companion back to the camp when she returns in the evening?
5. The Sette Communi was a group of municipalities in the Veneto region that spoke what language?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)