|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of Harry, the narrator says, “It was not so much that he lied as that” what?
(a) There was no truth to tell
(b) He no longer knew the truth
(c) He had nothing else to say
(d) He needed her money
2. Harry scratched himself as he and his companion were moving forward to photograph what animals?
3. The Dada movement began in approximately what year?
4. The narrator says that Harry “had chosen to make his living with something else instead of” what?
(a) A pen or a pencil
(b) A suit and tie
(c) His mind and heart
(d) A hammer and nail
5. The author’s preface to “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” states that Mount Kilimanjaro is how many feet high?
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry’s “femme de ménage” in Paris is described as having said, “It is the wife of the working man who suffers from” what?
2. What word does the narrator use in the beginning of the story to refer to a type of African gazelles?
3. How far does Harry recall driving by sled to town with the chore boy and the corpse of the man that beat the chore boy in his memories of the ranch?
4. When Harry’s mistress tells him in the beginning of the story that he’s not going to die, he responds by saying, “Don’t be silly. I’m dying now. Ask those bastards.” What does Harry point to when he says this?
5. By what name does the African servant call Harry?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)