|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many winters does the narrator say Harry lived in the Arlberg?
2. The Dada movement began in approximately what year?
3. In what year was “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” adapted and produced to film, starring Gregory Peck as Harry?
4. What is the name of a clear, colorless fruit brandy made from morello cherries that is described in the story?
5. Of Harry and his mistress, the narrator says, “It was not her fault that when he went to her he was” what?
(a) Already over
(b) Over the hill
(d) Already devoid of talent
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harry first drifts into the flashback of his memories in the story, he sees in his mind a railway station in Karagatch. In what country is Karagatch located?
2. Harry tells his companion in the evening as they sit by the fire, “You know the only thing I've never lost is” what?
3. Harry tells his mistress in the story, “Love is a dunghill. And I’m the” what?
4. In Harry’s flashback to fleeing from a British gunner subaltern with a woman, they get into a taxi and go to what location along the Bosphorus?
5. When Harry’s mistress tells him in the beginning of the story that he’s not going to die, he responds by saying, “Don’t be silly. I’m dying now. Ask those bastards.” What does Harry point to when he says this?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)