|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the investigation does Chapter 15 begin?
2. Where is the phone station located that is still receiving signals from Birte's phone in Chapter 6?
3. What is Filip holding in his hand when he watches Harry depart in Chapter 10?
4. What does the note say that is left under Rakel's windshield wiper in Chapter 18?
5. What caused Rafto's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry deduce about Sylvia's body in Chapter 10?
2. What is the genre of The Snowman? What are the characteristics of this literary genre?
3. Where was Jonas to have a doctor's appointment? Why is this significant?
4. What is in the black book that Filip possesses?
5. When and how was Rafto killed?
6. Where is Idar's body discovered? How did he die?
7. What is Tresko able to determine from Arve's body language in Chapter 23?
8. Why does Filip contact Camilla? What information does he relate to her?
9. What clues does Harry note about the crime scene in Chapter 9?
10. What is Harry doing when Hagen and the superintendent come into his office in Chapter 17? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of personal demons in The Snowman. What are the personal demons that Harry must grapple with? What are the personal demons of the Snowman? How do the characters in this novel go about absolving their personal demons?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the plot structure of The Snowman. Where does the exposition transition into the rising action of the plot? Where does the climax occur? What information is related in the falling action and denouement of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of irony in The Snowman. What are examples of dramatic irony in the novel? What are examples of situational irony? What are examples of verbal irony? What purpose does each example serve?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)