|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mathias's former coworker that Harry asks him about in Chapter 11?
2. Who is Eli's husband?
3. What kind of car does Sara Kvinesland drive in Chapter 1?
4. What band's concert does Oleg describe going to with Harry in Chapter 9?
5. In what year does Chapter 6 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the genre of The Snowman? What are the characteristics of this literary genre?
2. What is significant about Harry's interaction with Hagen at the bar in Chapter 22?
3. What is Harry doing when Hagen and the superintendent come into his office in Chapter 17? Why?
4. Where is Sylvia killed? How is she killed?
5. What is Skarre discussing with Katrine in Chapter 6? Why?
6. Who is Inspector Gert Rafto and what is he investigating in Chapter 5?
7. What does Harry learn from Filip after attending his lecture in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Harry agree to appear on the television show Bosse?
9. What are the reasons that Harry gives to explain why Idar did not kill himself?
10. What scenario is described in Chapter 1 of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of foreshadowing and red herrings in The Snowman. What clues in the novel indicate later events? What clues lead the reader astray from the truth about the Snowman?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the settings in The Snowman. Where does Harry work? What is the general population of this area? What role does the setting of the novel play in its plot?
Essay Topic 3
Examine and discuss the exploration of gender roles and gender expectations in The Snowman. Why are the majority of the Snowman's victims female? Do you think there is a reason that the Snowman does not kill men as frequently? Why or why not?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)