|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Harry lie to the psychiatrist in Chapter 30?
(a) He says that Katrine is having a psychotic breakdown.
(b) He says that he lost his gun.
(c) He says that Katrine confessed to the murders.
(d) He says that Katrine surrendered with no resistance.
2. What does Harry request at the equipment counter in Chapter 28?
(a) An AK-47.
(b) A pistol and bullets.
(c) Tear gas and bullets.
(d) A long rifle.
3. Why are the officers unable to determine what has happened with Mathias and Harry in Chapter 36?
(a) Because of the snow.
(b) Because of the dark.
(c) Because they are far away.
(d) Because of the rain.
4. Where did Mathias meet Idar?
(a) A company party.
(b) A job fair.
(d) Medical school.
5. How do Mathias's toes feel after he has committed a murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the mold man say he turned around a board on Harry's wall in Chapter 31?
2. Why did the young Mathias get out of the car in Chapter 33?
3. Where did Arve meet Sylvia?
4. What does Arve give to Katrine when he leaves in Chapter 24?
5. The ring that Harry finds in Katrine's desk drawer is one that he recognizes from whose house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry note about Mathias when he answers the door at Rakel's home in Chapter 31?
2. What is the significance of the Swedish study on genetics in the novel?
3. What does Mathias realize when he sees his mother in the window in Chapter 33?
4. What is Mathias's relationship to Idar?
5. How does Harry protect himself from Katrine in Chapter 29?
6. How do Harry and Bjørn manage to save Arve in Chapter 26?
7. When did Sylvia contact Arve about children that belonged to him? What did she say?
8. What connection did Idar have to Arve?
9. Why does Aune complain about the Snowman case in Chapter 38?
10. Why was Katrine reprimanded at her old job?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)