|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harry travel to by boat in Chapter 29?
(a) Rafto's cottage.
(b) Gjelten's cottage.
(c) Beate's cottage.
(d) Ellen's cottage.
2. In the end of the novel, the psychiatrist indicates that everyone is sick with personality disorders. What does he say defines how sick we are?
(a) Our desires.
(b) Our actions.
(c) Our words.
(d) Our thoughts.
3. Where is Mathias sitting when Harry finds him in Chapter 36?
(a) An open window.
(b) A riverside.
(c) The edge of a cliff.
(d) A church pew.
4. Where does Harry tell Bjørn to meet him in Chapter 32?
(a) The Bergen Clinic.
(b) The Anatomy Department.
(c) The Hetland Clinic.
(d) The History Department.
5. Why is Aune disheartened about the case in Chapter 38?
(a) Because Mathias will probably go free.
(b) Because Mathias will likely still kill again.
(c) Because Mathias will probably be declared insane.
(d) Because Mathias will probably be given the death penalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mathias told Laila that he needed to meet her in secret because he needed information about what?
2. Who was the first of Arve's mistresses to inform him that she was pregnant?
3. On what day of the investigation does Chapter 24 begin?
4. The Swedish study on infidelity indicated that what percentage of people have a different biological father than the one they believed to be their father?
5. What are the newspaper articles about that Harry discovers in Katrine's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eli's murder stand apart from the other murders of the Snowman?
2. Why is the turned-over board by the mold man important to the story?
3. How do Harry and Bjørn manage to save Arve in Chapter 26?
4. Why does Mathias build a snowman in Chapter 33?
5. How does Mathias manage to get into Rakel's home in Chapter 35? What does he do when he gets inside?
6. Why was Katrine reprimanded at her old job?
7. What connection did Idar have to Arve?
8. Where does Harry face off with Mathias in Chapter 36? How is this setting significant?
9. What does Mathias realize when he sees his mother in the window in Chapter 33?
10. What information is related about Katrine in the novel's denouement?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)