|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the phone station located that is still receiving signals from Birte's phone in Chapter 6?
2. What has the killer done with Sylvia's head in Chapter 9?
(a) Put it into a hat box.
(b) Put it into the police headquarters' mailbox.
(c) Put it into a refrigerator.
(d) Put it on the snowman.
3. What does the boy tell his mother after seeing the Snowman in Chapter 1?
(a) "We're going to die."
(b) "You're going to die."
(c) "I love you."
(d) "I know who that man was."
4. Where does Harry go to get drunk in the end of Chapter 16?
(a) The White Horse Tavern.
(b) The Belking Bar.
(c) The New York Saloon.
(d) The Fenris Bar.
5. What problem is Harry's home plighted with in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harry's friend that is a poker champion in Las Vegas?
2. What surprising public announcement does Harry make at the end of his appearance on Bosse in Chapter 21?
3. Who does Harry allow to lead a team of investigators to look into tips about Sylvia's murder in Chapter 10?
4. In what month and year does Chapter 1 begin?
5. What was the party for where Rakel met Mathias?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Skarre discussing with Katrine in Chapter 6? Why?
2. Why does Filip contact Camilla? What information does he relate to her?
3. What is the significance of the mold that is discussed in the novel?
4. Whom does Harry get information about from Mathias in Chapter 11? Why?
5. What is Tresko able to determine from Arve's body language in Chapter 23?
6. In what ways is Harry Hole an unlikely protagonist?
7. What is significant about Harry's interaction with Hagen at the bar in Chapter 22?
8. What does Harry deduce about Sylvia's body in Chapter 10?
9. What does Harry learn from Filip after attending his lecture in Chapter 10?
10. Where is Birte's cell phone found? How is it found?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)