|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the female character carrying as the runs through the snow-laden forest in the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A bloody hatchet.
2. Who teases Katrine about her reaction to Rafto's body in Chapter 15?
3. What does Harry do to Filip when he discovers him following him in Chapter 22?
(a) He punches him in the face until he passes out.
(b) He stabs him with a switchblade.
(c) He shoves him into his apartment.
(d) He shoots him in the leg.
4. Where is the phone station located that is still receiving signals from Birte's phone in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the clinic where Idar had first worked?
(a) The Bergen Clinic.
(b) The Svalbard Clinic.
(c) The Hetland Clinic.
(d) The Marienlyst Clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month and year does Chapter 1 begin?
2. Where is Idar's body discovered?
3. What surprising public announcement does Harry make at the end of his appearance on Bosse in Chapter 21?
4. Who is Eli's husband?
5. Who was the head of the police that protected Harry when the higher ups wanted to get rid of him because of his alcoholism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter that Harry received from the Snowman indicate?
2. What are the reasons that Harry gives to explain why Idar did not kill himself?
3. What does Harry learn from Filip after attending his lecture in Chapter 10?
4. Where is Birte's cell phone found? How is it found?
5. What is Idar's connection to the Hotel Leon?
6. Why does Filip contact Camilla? What information does he relate to her?
7. Whom does Harry get information about from Mathias in Chapter 11? Why?
8. What is Harry doing when Hagen and the superintendent come into his office in Chapter 17? Why?
9. Where is Idar's body discovered? How did he die?
10. Where is The Snowman set? How does the setting inform the action of the plot?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)