Part 1: Chapters 1 - 4
• NOTE: The following version of the novel was used to create this Lesson Plan: Nesbo, Jo. The Snowman. Vintage Crime/Black Lizard, May 10, 2011. Kindle.
• The Snowman is the seventh installment of Norwegian crime-writer Jo Nesbø’s Harry Hole series.
• The novel, set in Norway, is related in the past tense from the perspective of an omniscient, third-person narrator.
• Chapter 1 begins in November of 1980, as Sara Kvinesland and her young son arrived at the home of Sara’s lover.
• Sara left her son in the car, telling him that she would be back in ten minutes.
• Sara’s lover was moving and she wanted to make love to him for the last time before he departed; she remained inside the house for 40 minutes.
• It is noted in the narration that Sara’s lover has no nipples on his chest.
• When Sara returned to the car, he...
This section contains 2,999 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)