|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who become sick from dysentery and internal bleeding?
2. _________________ discuss the existence of the yeti they sit around a campfire in Part 4.
(a) Deborah, Tukten, Murwa, and Jang-bu.
(b) Schaller, Tukten, Matthiessen, and Deborah.
(c) Tukten, Matthiessen, Jang-bu, and Dawa.
(d) Matthiessen, Tukten, Gyaltsen, and Schaller.
3. Where does Schaller reach in mid-December?
4. Who warned Schaller and Matthiessen about the behavior of one of the members of Matthiessen's group?
5. What does Matthiessen not know when he arrives at the location where he is supposed to meet Tukten?
(a) What gift to bring.
(b) Which house belongs to Tukten's aunt.
(c) What clothes to wear.
(d) What he is supposed to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal tracks do Schaller and Matthiessen find near the monastery?
2. Which two groups does Schaller have news of that are fighting at this time in the region?
3. In the letter, what does Schaller encounter unexpectedly as he comes out of a canyon with his group?
4. While Matthiessen and Schaller remain at the monastery, ___________________ goes to the village for mail and supplies.
5. What does Tukten have that reminds Matthiessen of the snow leopard?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Matthiessen goes to the city of Patan, whom does he see and how does he feel?
2. What are the conditions Matthiessen faces when he arrives in Kathmandu for the second time at the end of the book?
3. Who gets sick along the last leg of the journey and requires immediate treatment?
4. What makes it easier for Dawa to travel after they leave Murwa?
5. What is the animal that Matthiessen and Schaller think that they have found outside the monastery?
6. What kind of sleeping arrangements can Matthiessen, Schaller, and the rest of their group find at the monastery?
7. What does Schaller wonder about the juvenile sheep that he sees outside the monastery?
8. When Jang-bu and another sherpa go in search of firewood, where do Matthiessen and Schaller wander and what do they find?
9. What is the rare event concerning the bharal that Schaller is delighted to see outside the monastery?
10. When Matthiessen goes to the Kathmandu Valley to meet Tukten, what does he find and what does he do?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)