|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matthiessen get rid of his boots?
(a) He does not get rid of his boots.
(b) They have holes in them and give him blisters.
(c) They ae too heavy.
(d) They are too big.
2. Whom does Matthiessen think about the whole time that he is traveling?
(a) The blue sheep.
3. What medical emergency does Schaller fear could stop their journey?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A fractured limb.
(c) A case of dysentery.
(d) A ruptured appendix.
4. What is so rare and elusive and blends into surroundings that people can easily miss seeing it, according to Schaller?
(a) The snow leopard.
(b) The blue sheep.
(c) The Nepalese nomad.
(d) The Tibetan.
5. Where do Matthiessen and Schaller wait for the group of sherpas when Schaller takes a telescope and decides to go look for blue sheep?
(a) A cave.
(b) A grotto.
(c) A temple.
(d) A stone hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Matthiessen afraid that he will break a promise to?
2. What do Matthiessen and Schaller discuss at length?
3. What does Matthiessen remove as he adjusts to his journey?
4. Matthiessen's group carries their packs instead of just _______________.
5. Who is making it difficult to pass through the region without a government permit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Matthiessen and the party see as they hike up the mountain in high spirits that reminds them of their mortality?
2. Whom does Matthiessen admire as they trek along arduous paths and why?
3. When they are hiking, what disgusts Schaller but he is powerless to prevent from happening?
4. What does Matthiessen find on the Nepal side of the mountains that inspires a lot of questions from the group and could mean that they have gotten closer to finding what they came for?
5. What makes Schaller furious because he is afraid of being stranded?
6. What does Matthiessen do while Schaller climbs the countryside, looking for bharal after they pass through Dunahi?
7. What is one of the rarest of cats, where does it live, and why is it considered rare?
8. What do Matthiessen and Schaller pass as they trudge up along the footpath in the mountains at the beginning of their journey?
9. What change of plans makes Matthiessen and Schaller feel liberated but also makes the trek more difficult after the sherpas leave?
10. While Matthiessen sits outside the stone hut and relaxes in the sun, what does Schaller do?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)