|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two groups does Schaller have news of that are fighting at this time in the region?
(a) Nepalese and Kham-pas.
(b) Chinese and Indians.
(c) Indians and Pakistanis.
(d) Chinese and Tibetans.
2. Where will the plane take Matthiessen in Chapter 4?
(c) New Delhi.
3. As ____________, Tukten receives a bonus from Matthiessen.
(a) A friendly gesture.
(b) Head sherpa.
4. Matthiessen is very surprised to see that _____________cannot catch the blue sheep that they chase.
(a) Timber wolves.
5. What does Matthiessen not know when he arrives at the location where he is supposed to meet Tukten?
(a) What he is supposed to say.
(b) What clothes to wear.
(c) Which house belongs to Tukten's aunt.
(d) What gift to bring.
6. How many snow leopards are supposed to be in the area that Schaller is traveling through?
7. Where does Matthiessen travel and meet Dawa again?
(a) Kang Pass.
(b) Land of Dolpo.
8. Who has a key to the monastery?
(b) The innkeeper.
(c) The hostess's husband.
(d) The sherpa Tukten.
9. _________________ discuss the existence of the yeti they sit around a campfire in Part 4.
(a) Schaller, Tukten, Matthiessen, and Deborah.
(b) Tukten, Matthiessen, Jang-bu, and Dawa.
(c) Matthiessen, Tukten, Gyaltsen, and Schaller.
(d) Deborah, Tukten, Murwa, and Jang-bu.
10. Who is mysterious and cannot be found in the village that Matthiessen wanders through at the end of Part 4?
11. Why does Schaller camp outside the monastery?
(a) To avoid the smell of the other men.
(b) In hopes of seeing the snow leopard.
(c) For his privacy.
(d) To photograph foxes.
12. What surprises Matthiessen when he arrives with Tukten in the village to catch the plane?
(a) How advanced the village is.
(b) How many friends Tukten has.
(c) How empty the village is.
(d) How much food the villagers eat.
13. Where does Schaller reach in mid-December?
14. Who become sick from dysentery and internal bleeding?
15. Matthiessen describes seeing a rare blue sheep called ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two men are strangely connected even after they part in Part 4?
2. What rare event is Schaller happy to witness outside the monastery?
3. What does Matthiessen eat in the village he stops in with two other men?
4. What does Matthiessen do as he wanders the streets of the village looking for Tukten?
5. What does Matthiessen notice about Tukten when he looks at him?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)