|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: The Way Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Matthiessen and Schaller stay in a hotel together at the beginning of their trip?
(a) Four months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
2. What does Matthiessen's group have to cross on their way up the canyon?
(a) Treacherous ice.
(d) Snake pit.
3. What does Matthiessen discover about the room he stays in while he waits for his departing flight out of Nepal?
(a) It has no bed.
(b) It is very big.
(c) It has a sauna.
(d) It has no heat or hot water.
4. What country has the worst erosion in the world?
5. Who has a key to the monastery?
(a) The innkeeper.
(b) The sherpa Tukten.
(c) The hostess's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a sherpa bring Matthiessen's group while they rest at a shelter on route to Kali Gandaki?
2. What does a Tibetan say is treacherous and filled with snow?
3. What part of Matthiessen is wet after reaching the Jaljala Ridge?
4. Despite getting rid of everything that they do not need for the journey, what does Schaller complain is still very heavy?
5. While Matthiessen and Schaller remain at the monastery, ___________________ goes to the village for mail and supplies.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)