|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: The Way Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose departure causes Schaller to have an angry outburst?
(a) The porters.
(b) The nomads.
(c) The sherpas.
(d) The man with the ponies.
2. What does a sherpa bring Matthiessen's group while they rest at a shelter on route to Kali Gandaki?
3. What area is closed to foreigners as a result of the fighting occurring in Nepal?
(b) Black Canyon.
(c) Kang Pass.
(d) Land of Dolpo.
4. What does Schaller bargain for with locals to help them on their journey through the mountains?
5. The snow leopard can be considered a _______________.
(a) Related to the tiger.
(b) Long extinct creature.
(c) Wild cat.
(d) Descendant of the smilodon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matthiessen remove as he adjusts to his journey?
2. What medical emergency does Schaller fear could stop their journey?
3. Who are the people living in Shey?
4. What animal tracks do Schaller and Matthiessen find near the monastery?
5. What does Matthiessen struggle with when he reaches 17,000 feet?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)