|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: At Crystal Mountain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical emergency does Schaller fear could stop their journey?
(a) A fractured limb.
(b) A case of dysentery.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A ruptured appendix.
2. A snow leopard weighs about _____________ pounds.
3. Who develops a bond over the course of the journey?
(a) Tukten and Schaller.
(b) Matthiessen and Tukten.
(c) Deborah and Schaller.
(d) Tukten and Dawa.
4. Who are the people living in Shey?
5. George Schaller is a famous ______________.
(c) Spiritual guru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is important for Matthiessen's group to do once they pass 12,000 feet in elevation?
2. Due to snowdrifts, the sherpas warn against traveling on their planned route but Matthiessen's group cannot go on the new trail because they lack _________________.
3. What does a Tibetan say is treacherous and filled with snow?
4. Where does Matthiessen's group stop that is just below the Kang Pass?
5. How many children does Matthiessen have?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)