|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: At Crystal Mountain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bardo?
(a) A death chant.
(b) A mystical retreat.
(c) The transition between two existences according to the Tibetans.
(d) A drumbeat.
2. What or who chases after Matthiessen, forcing him to defend himself with a stick?
(a) A group of nomadic Nepalese.
(b) A porter.
(c) A sherpa.
(d) A brindle mastiff.
3. What does Schaller tell Matthiessen is good for him to carry because of changing weather and winds?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His cellular phone.
(c) His sleeping bag.
(d) His GPS unit.
4. Whom does Matthiessen think about the whole time that he is traveling?
(d) The blue sheep.
5. Whom does Matthiessen's group see along their journey that reminds the group of mortality?
(a) A beggar woman.
(b) A crippled child.
(c) A goat.
(d) An old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Matthiessen's group have to stop to be checked by government officials?
2. Who has a key to the monastery?
3. What does Schaller find that indicates the presence of a mammal?
4. What does a sherpa bring Matthiessen's group while they rest at a shelter on route to Kali Gandaki?
5. What makes both Matthiessen and Schaller stoop over?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)