|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Northward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Schaller eager to witness though he is afraid he will miss if they are too slow traveling?
(a) Rutting of the blue sheep.
(b) Chase of the wild bull.
(c) Mating season for tigers.
(d) Capture of the fox.
2. Who told Matthiessen and Schaller about the abominable snowman living in the Himalayas?
(a) A Tibetan.
(b) A Nepalese nomad.
(c) A sherpa.
(d) A young biologist.
3. What do the citizens of the mountainous Southeast Asian country mentioned in "The Snow Leopard" burn for fuel that leaves the soil malnourished?
(a) The surface vegetation.
(b) Their compost.
(d) Livestock dung.
4. What does Matthiessen struggle with when he reaches 17,000 feet?
5. Despite the grueling four-hour journey, what makes Schaller happy?
(a) Seeing butterflies.
(b) Finding shelter.
(c) Getting closer to the snow leopard.
(d) Seeing bharal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal could possibly leave behind a sign similar to that of a snow leopard?
2. Who remains in the group and gains Matthiessen's trust even if porters do not like him?
3. Which two groups of indigenous people does Matthiessen think are similar?
4. The snow leopard can be considered a _______________.
5. What area is 11,200 feet above sea level?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)