|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Northward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Schaller eager to witness though he is afraid he will miss if they are too slow traveling?
(a) Chase of the wild bull.
(b) Mating season for tigers.
(c) Capture of the fox.
(d) Rutting of the blue sheep.
2. Where does Matthiessen's group take shelter on route to the canyon?
(a) A boat.
(b) A farm.
(c) An old cow shed.
(d) A cave.
3. Matthiessen's group carries their packs instead of just _______________.
(b) GPS units.
(c) Water bottles.
4. Who in Matthiessen's group has hallucinogenic dreams?
5. Where does Matthiessen's group climb towards and finally reach snow at 12,400 feet?
(a) Mt. Everest.
(b) The Pyrenees.
(c) The White Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the yeti described?
2. What places did Matthiessen travel before his journey with Schaller?
3. What is so rare and elusive and blends into surroundings that people can easily miss seeing it, according to Schaller?
4. Whom does Matthiessen's group see along their journey that reminds the group of mortality?
5. What does a sherpa announce that makes Schaller happy while Matthiessen's group stops and cooks along the way?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)