|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Northward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matthiessen find that Schaller thinks is a sign of the snow leopard?
(a) A footprint.
2. Why does Matthiessen have wet and cold feet?
(a) He has blisters and is wearing sneakers.
(b) He climbed a wall barefoot.
(c) He got stuck in a thunderstorm.
(d) He fell asleep in the bathtub.
3. What do Matthiessen and Schaller discard before starting their climbing journey?
(b) Extra clothing.
(d) Electronic devices.
4. Why does Matthiessen get rid of his boots?
(a) They are too big.
(b) They have holes in them and give him blisters.
(c) They ae too heavy.
(d) He does not get rid of his boots.
5. Which two groups of indigenous people does Matthiessen think are similar?
(a) Nepalese and Chinese.
(b) Americans and British.
(c) Native Americans and Tibetans.
(d) Indians and Pakistanis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Matthiessen's group take shelter on route to the canyon?
2. Who/what is Matthiessen's group afraid of meeting when they take a new path to the north up the Kali Gandaki?
3. Despite the grueling four-hour journey, what makes Schaller happy?
4. Tukten and a porter leave Matthiessen's group to get _________________.
5. What do Matthiessen and Schaller feel is against them as they journey forward?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)