|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Northward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the perfect time to travel and for harvesting potatoes, according to Matthiessen?
2. What do Matthiessen and Schaller discuss at length?
3. What extra payments do Matthiessen and Schaller have to make because of delays in their trip?
(a) Payment for food.
(b) Payment for extra porters.
(c) Payment for government permits.
(d) Payment for visa extensions.
4. The snow leopard can be considered a _______________.
(a) Descendant of the smilodon.
(b) Related to the tiger.
(c) Long extinct creature.
(d) Wild cat.
5. What is the surprising contrast in scenery that Matthiessen's group sees on their way through the canyon?
(a) Desert and lake.
(b) Magnolias and spruce trees.
(c) Snowy areas and lush greenery.
(d) Cacti and jackfruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Matthiessen's last entry in Part 2?
2. Where does Matthiessen's group meet sherpas and porters to take them to the mountains?
3. The porters carry ___________, which makes them unhappy.
4. What country has the worst erosion in the world?
5. Who remains in the group and gains Matthiessen's trust even if porters do not like him?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)