|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Northward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical emergency does Schaller fear could stop their journey?
(a) A ruptured appendix.
(b) A case of dysentery.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A fractured limb.
2. Who remains in the group and gains Matthiessen's trust even if porters do not like him?
3. Despite the grueling four-hour journey, what makes Schaller happy?
(a) Seeing butterflies.
(b) Getting closer to the snow leopard.
(c) Seeing bharal.
(d) Finding shelter.
4. What does Matthiessen remove as he adjusts to his journey?
(a) A watch, a bracelet, and long hair.
(b) His journal.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His clothes.
5. What is so rare and elusive and blends into surroundings that people can easily miss seeing it, according to Schaller?
(a) The blue sheep.
(b) The Nepalese nomad.
(c) The Tibetan.
(d) The snow leopard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surprising contrast in scenery that Matthiessen's group sees on their way through the canyon?
2. What does Schaller leave behind for Matthiessen?
3. What is Schaller eager to witness though he is afraid he will miss if they are too slow traveling?
4. Where does Matthiessen's group have to stop to be checked by government officials?
5. Where does Tukten say that the snow leopard lives?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)