|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: At Crystal Mountain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprising contrast in scenery that Matthiessen's group sees on their way through the canyon?
(a) Cacti and jackfruit.
(b) Desert and lake.
(c) Magnolias and spruce trees.
(d) Snowy areas and lush greenery.
2. What does Schaller find that indicates the presence of a mammal?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Droppings of an animal.
3. Who loses alacrity and becomes clumsy while Matthiessen gets lighter on his feet?
4. What does Matthiessen stow away and plan to read when he gets to Kathmandu?
(a) His journal.
(b) A report from Schaller.
(c) His book.
(d) His mail.
5. What does Schaller feel the snow leopard is doing while they are tracking the animal?
(a) Getting above them.
(b) Planning to attack them.
(d) Watching them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Tibetan say is treacherous and filled with snow?
2. What does Matthiessen struggle with when he reaches 17,000 feet?
3. The sight of ______________ makes Matthiessen feel restless and want to read his letters.
4. What is a precious commodity in this mountainous Southeast Asian country that people use for fuel?
5. When do the men expect to reunite with Tukten and the porter?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)