|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: At Crystal Mountain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matthiessen stow away and plan to read when he gets to Kathmandu?
(a) His mail.
(b) His book.
(c) A report from Schaller.
(d) His journal.
2. Who warned Schaller and Matthiessen about the behavior of one of the members of Matthiessen's group?
3. Who/what is Matthiessen's group afraid of meeting when they take a new path to the north up the Kali Gandaki?
(a) Nepalese nomads.
(c) Mountain goats.
4. Who loses alacrity and becomes clumsy while Matthiessen gets lighter on his feet?
5. When do the men expect to reunite with Tukten and the porter?
(a) December 20.
(b) October 20.
(c) November 10.
(d) February 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Schaller camp outside the monastery?
2. When Matthiessen feels homesick, what does he think about?
3. Matthiessen's group carries their packs instead of just _______________.
4. What do Matthiessen and Schaller discard before starting their climbing journey?
5. Whom does Matthiessen think about the whole time that he is traveling?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)