|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Litwak ask Bertrand to do?
2. How does Joachim act towards Huguenau after the Bible study meeting?
3. Who returns to the war in Part Three, Chapter LXXI?
4. What does Joachim take comfort in when he feels ill at ease in Part Three, Chapter LXXVI?
5. Who writes Secret Report No. 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hanna and her husband initially act with each other when he returns from the war?
2. What is Joachim's state of mind at August's religious meeting?
3. What does Bertrand question in Part Three, Chapter LXXII?
4. What extras does Huguenau receive when he purchases the newspaper from August?
5. What does Joachim think of Huguenau after receiving his letter about August?
6. What does the play in Part Three, Chapter LVIV indicate about the relationship between Joachim, August, and Huguenau?
7. When Hanna thinks about the approaching end of her husband's leave, how does she feel?
8. What does Joachim think when he sees Huguenau dancing?
9. In Part Three, Chapter LXVI, how has the relationship between Joachim and Huguenau become?
10. How do Godicke and Samwauld become friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Huguenau symbolized an aspect of the war, what would it be?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Huguenau's fascination with Marguerite and her appreciation of him.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Joachim still desire Ruzena after finding her with another man? Does he still love her? Is his self-esteem low?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)