|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does August describe the little girl in whom Huguenau takes an interest?
2. Who is Ruzena?
3. What does Hanna spend a good deal of time doing each day?
4. How old is Dr. Kessel?
5. Who is Mother Hentjen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Huguenau able to hide among the Belgians, who are normally suspicious in nature?
2. With whom does August have sex with after his confrontation with Bertrand, and does he love that person?
3. Why was Joachim being sent to military school early?
4. What does August choose to do when he decides to become involved with promoting women's wrestling?
5. How does Mother Hentjen feel about her customers and her business?
6. When does Bertrand tell Elisabeth that he loves her for the first time, and why are the two together?
7. How does Huguenau behave with the townspeople?
8. Whom gives August insight into Bertrand's sexuality and how does that person feel about Bertrand?
9. How did Joachim meet Ruzena?
10. What is Hanna's marriage compared with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
August and Mother become lovers. Compare and contrast August and Mother Hentjen's personalities and goals. Do they make a good couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Joachim's personality and compare it to that of his father.
Essay Topic 3
Define a sleepwalker as identified in the book. Consider what makes one a sleepwalker, what may wake a person from sleepwalking, and whether sleepwalking is comfortable.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)