|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertrand wait for Marie when he visits her in Part Three, Chapter LXI?
(a) In front of a door.
(b) In an office.
(c) In a lobby.
(d) In the common room.
2. Whose Bible study group does Joachim join?
3. What does Huguenau offer at the funeral in Chapter LII?
(d) A wreath.
4. Who writes to Godicke in Part Three, Chapter XL?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
5. What does August ask Joachim?
(a) To hire him.
(b) To give him money.
(c) To help him find his way.
(d) To help him with Bertrand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part Three, Chapter LVIV is written as a play. Which of the following people is not in the play?
2. Whom does Joachim ask to walk with him after the Bible meeting?
3. How does Bertrand describe Dr. Litwak's complexion?
4. What does Bertrand say he wants when Marie shows up at her hostel?
5. Who is Secret Report No. 1 about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hanna and her husband initially act with each other when he returns from the war?
2. Which major writes an article for the newspaper after Huguenau purchases it, and how does the author use religion in his article?
3. What does Joachim think of Huguenau after receiving his letter about August?
4. How does the author compare a criminal to an honest citizen?
5. What does the play in Part Three, Chapter LVIV indicate about the relationship between Joachim, August, and Huguenau?
6. In Part Three, Chapter LXXVI, how does Joachim seem like his old self again?
7. How do Godicke and Samwauld become friends?
8. In Part Three, Chapter LXII, what does the essay have to do with the plot and what is it about?
9. How does Huguenau expect Joachim to feel after receiving his secret report?
10. How does Huguenau begin to feel about the newspaper?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)