|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part Three, Chapter LVIV is written as a play. Which of the following people is not in the play?
(c) August's wife.
2. At the dance, which patient alarms a nurse by saying the war will never end?
3. What does August plead with Joachim for?
(a) A new home.
(b) A post in the military.
(c) Religious understanding.
(d) A pardon for a new business.
4. In Part Three, Chapter LVIII, what does Muller do with Marie and Sussin in his apartment?
(a) Plot against August.
(b) Plot against Joachim.
(c) Sing hymns.
(d) Argue violently.
5. What does Bertrand call Sussin?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) The Young Intruder.
(c) The Young Jew.
(d) The Young Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August say happens when there is no new life?
2. How does Hanna feel when she receives a letter announcing her husband's return?
3. Why do Huguenau and August stop arguing in Part Three, Chapter LXXV?
4. When August and Huguenau see a German soldier being escorted to prison, what does Huguenau say will happen to him if he is a deserter?
5. In Part Three, Chapter LXXV, what does Huguenau give Marguerite money to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter LXXVI, how does Joachim seem like his old self again?
2. What does the doctor suggest as he is fitting Jaretzki for a new arm, and how does Jaretzki respond to the suggestion?
3. How does Huguenau begin to feel about the newspaper?
4. How does Huguenau feel about Joachim's interest in August?
5. How does Hanna feel when she thinks of her husband's war leave?
6. How do Hanna and her husband initially act with each other when he returns from the war?
7. Why did Godicke's roommates tell him gross stories?
8. In Part Three, Chapter LXII, what does the essay have to do with the plot and what is it about?
9. What happens when Hanna's husband leaves?
10. What does Bertrand question in Part Three, Chapter LXXII?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)