|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Josef Settler moves Godicke's bed, what does Godicke do?
(a) He laughs hysterically.
(b) He tears the postcard from his wife to pieces.
(c) He runs from the room.
(d) He punches Josef Settler.
2. How is Huguenau's physical shape described in Part Three, Chapter XXXV?
(a) As tall and skinny.
(b) As unkempt.
(c) As plump and rotund.
(d) As dapper.
3. Who sponsors the dance in Part Three, Chapter LX?
(a) The Moselle Newspaper Association.
(b) The Military Association.
(c) The Moselle Memorial Association.
(d) The Moselle Doctors Memorial.
4. How does Hanna feel when she receives a letter announcing her husband's return?
5. At the dance, which patient alarms a nurse by saying the war will never end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August agree to continue doing at the paper in Part Three, Chapter XXIX?
2. What does Huguenau show he can do very well at the dance?
3. What does the smell of the dishwater remind Huguenau of?
4. What does August say is really free?
5. What does Hanna's husband say when he asks about their son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Huguenau expect Joachim to feel after receiving his secret report?
2. How does Hanna feel when she thinks of her husband's war leave?
3. Why is it a problem for Sussin and Marie to have a romantic relationship?
4. What does Bertrand question in Part Three, Chapter LXXII?
5. How does the author compare a criminal to an honest citizen?
6. In Part Three, Chapter LXII, what does the essay have to do with the plot and what is it about?
7. How do Hanna and her husband initially act with each other when he returns from the war?
8. What extras does Huguenau receive when he purchases the newspaper from August?
9. How does Huguenau try to stop Joachim from taking walks with August?
10. What happens when Hanna's husband leaves?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)