|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Jaretzki's body is seriously wounded?
(a) His leg.
(b) His head.
(c) His foot.
(d) His arm.
2. Who is Joachim Von Pasenow?
(a) An important businessman.
(b) A wealthy casino owner.
(c) A famous actor.
(d) The son of a family of German aristocrats.
3. Where does August fantasize about moving to?
4. How did Joachim's father react upon hearing that Bertrand was leaving?
(a) With indifference.
(b) With anger and suspicion.
(c) With confusion.
(d) With joy.
5. What section of the hospital is Jaretzki in?
(a) The mental section.
(b) The isolation section.
(c) The officer's section.
(d) The charity section.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of existence does Marie lead?
2. What does August stop doing after he recovers financially?
3. Whom does Elisabeth love?
4. Whom does Korn begin an affair with?
5. What did Joachim regret in relation to his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the narrator in Part Three, Chapter XXVII offered to take Marie to a restaurant?
2. What happens when Joachim's father hears that Bertrand must go away on business?
3. How did Ruzena and Joachim feel about each other and why were these feelings difficult?
4. How do people regard business in Part Three, Chapter I - VII and how are businessmen perceived?
5. How does Huguenau become a deserter and does he fear capture?
6. How does Joachim feel about the use of gas in war?
7. How does Mother Hentjen feel about her customers and her business?
8. Why is August sacked from his job?
9. Why is Huguenau able to hide among the Belgians, who are normally suspicious in nature?
10. Why was Joachim being sent to military school early?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)