|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter LXVIII, where does Jaretzki tell the nurse he is going soon?
(b) To America.
(c) To a convalescent home.
(d) Back to the front line.
2. Which patient from the military hospital is at the Bible study meeting?
3. What does Joachim take comfort in when he feels ill at ease in Part Three, Chapter LXXVI?
(a) His son.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His wife.
4. How does Joachim act towards Huguenau after the Bible study meeting?
5. Who writes to Godicke in Part Three, Chapter XL?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
6. What does Bertrand question in Part Three, Chapter LXXII?
(a) His career.
(b) His love for Marie.
(c) Whether he should continue to live among the Jews.
(d) His hatred of August.
7. Where do Hanna and her husband go in Chapter LI?
(a) To church.
(b) To Roders.
(c) To the newspaper office.
(d) To a hotel.
8. Why do Huguenau and August stop arguing in Part Three, Chapter LXXV?
(a) Marguerite becomes upset.
(b) August's wife becomes upset.
(c) Joachim draws a weapon.
(d) August has a heart attack.
9. How does Bertrand describe Dr. Litwak's complexion?
(a) As uneven.
(b) As beet red.
(c) As choppy.
(d) As yellow cream.
10. How does Hanna feel about the fact that her husband will have to leave soon?
11. How does Godicke behave while Sister Carla reads the postcard from his wife?
(a) As if he is angry.
(b) As if he is overjoyed.
(c) As if he does not understand anything.
(d) As if he is fearful.
12. In Part Three, Chapter XXXVII, how is Marie's affair revealed?
(a) At the dance.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) By an announcer.
(d) In a poem.
13. What does August agree to continue doing at the paper in Part Three, Chapter XXIX?
(a) Acting as its bookeeper.
(b) Delivering newspapers.
(c) Creating advertisements.
(d) Selling subscriptions.
14. What do August and Huguenau argue over in Part Three, Chapter LXXV?
(a) An article.
(c) Rightful punishments for deserters.
15. How many weeks pass between the letter from Hanna's husband and his arrival at home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joachim view the dancing?
2. What does Hanna cut for the dinner table?
3. In Part Three, Chapter LXI, where does Bertrand visit Marie?
4. In Part Three, Chapter LXXV, what does Huguenau give Marguerite money to do?
5. In Part Three, Chapter XXXIX, what does Dr. Kuhlenbeck say doctors are?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)