|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters LVIII - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joachim feel about Ruzena's theater career?
(a) Happy for her.
2. In Part Two, Chapter IV, what do Mother Hentjen and August have a terrible fight over?
(a) His wish to go to America and her dead husband's portrait.
(b) Her relationship with Martin.
(c) Her homosexuality.
(d) Her miserliness and mistrust.
3. When August and Huguenau see a German soldier being escorted to prison, what does Huguenau say will happen to him if he is a deserter?
(a) The prisoner will be hung.
(b) The prisoner will be shot.
(c) The prisoner will be imprisoned for life.
(d) The prisoner will be sent back to war.
4. What does August say he is thinking of doing with Marguerite?
(a) Raising her as a boy.
(b) Sending her back to her father.
(c) Sending her to an orphanage.
(d) Adopting her.
5. What part of Jaretzki's body is seriously wounded?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, Chapter XVII, whom does Hanna realize she still has strong feelings for?
2. What does Marguerite tell Huguenau they can do when they have enough money?
3. What do the doctors at the hospital feel they are doing with the patients?
4. What does the smell of the dishwater remind Huguenau of?
5. While in Manheim, from whom does August rent a room?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)