|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters LVIII - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does Joachim have?
2. What does Bertrand say he wants when Marie shows up at her hostel?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To confess a crime he has committed.
(c) To save her from scandal.
(d) To become her lover.
3. In Part Three, Chapter XII, what does the author state sways men to hatred?
(a) Propaganda and idealism.
(b) Women and jealousy.
(c) Poverty and strife.
(d) Dirt and squalor.
4. Part Three, Chapter LVIV is written as a play. Which of the following people is not in the play?
(b) August's wife.
5. How many weeks pass between the letter from Hanna's husband and his arrival at home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hanna feel when she looks in the mirror in Part Three, Chapter XVII?
2. Why does Bertrand say he has to leave Stolphin?
3. What type of existence does Marie lead?
4. What does Joachim say when he hears Bertrand must leave?
5. What condition did Joachim's father suffer from in Part I, Chapter III?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)