|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapter I - VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Elisabeth love?
2. What confusing emotions does August have about Mother Hentjen?
(a) He feels that she is both motherly and sisterly.
(b) He fears and feels superior to her at the same time.
(c) He despises and desires her at the same time.
(d) He is jealous of her relationship with both Erna and Martin.
3. Where does Huguenau often hide when he's traveling through Belgium?
(a) In brothels.
(b) In parsonages.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In trains.
4. Why does Bertrand say he has to leave Stolphin?
(a) He's been called away on business.
(b) To escort Ruzena home to Bohemia.
(c) To see Elisabeth.
(d) To see the baroness.
5. How does August know Martin?
(a) The two men are friends.
(b) August is a union member.
(c) They are partners.
(d) The two men are enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Two, Chapter I, where does August live?
2. What does Ruzena say about Bertrand?
3. For what country is Huguenau fighting in the war?
4. What happens to Bertrand in Part Two, Chapter IV?
5. How does August stay in touch with his friends from his new location?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)