|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters LVIII - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertrand see when he leaves Marie and heads home in Part Three, Chapter XXII?
(a) A lost child.
(b) A battle.
(c) Young lovers walking hand in hand.
2. What does August stop doing after he recovers financially?
(a) Seeing prostitutes.
(d) Beating his wife.
3. Where does August fantasize about moving to?
4. How much interest does Huguenau agree to pay on the outstanding installments for the paper?
(a) Five percent.
(b) Four percent.
(c) One percent.
(d) Two percent.
5. What confusing emotions does August have about Mother Hentjen?
(a) He is jealous of her relationship with both Erna and Martin.
(b) He feels that she is both motherly and sisterly.
(c) He despises and desires her at the same time.
(d) He fears and feels superior to her at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertrand call Sussin?
2. What does Huguenau think of Mother Hentjen physically?
3. How much does Huguenau agree to buy the paper for?
4. Where does Bertrand wait for Marie when he visits her in Part Three, Chapter LXI?
5. What rumor does August hear about Bertrand?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)