|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters LVIII - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Huguenau think of Mother Hentjen physically?
(a) He thinks she is tall for a woman.
(b) He thinks she is broad-hipped and devoid of sex.
(c) He thinks her feet are too big.
(d) He thinks she's beautiful.
2. What rumor does August hear about Bertrand?
(a) That Bertrand is a thief.
(b) That Bertrand is a homosexual.
(c) That Bertrand is a gambler.
(d) That Bertrand is in love with Ilona.
3. How much does Huguenau agree to buy the paper for?
(a) 10000 marks.
(b) 4000 marks.
(c) 12000 marks.
(d) 2200 marks.
4. Where does Bertrand wait for Marie when he visits her in Part Three, Chapter LXI?
(a) In an office.
(b) In the common room.
(c) In front of a door.
(d) In a lobby.
5. In Part Three, Chapter LXI, where does Bertrand visit Marie?
(a) At a dance.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In her hostel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After moving back to Cologne, why does August decide to return to Manheim?
2. When August and Huguenau see a German soldier being escorted to prison, what does Huguenau say will happen to him if he is a deserter?
3. What confusing emotions does August have about Mother Hentjen?
4. What is the name of the man Marie has an affair with?
5. Why does August wish to expose Bertrand?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)