|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a volcanic eruption force the entire population of Ischia to take refuge on Castello Aragonese?
2. What tattoo did Edgardo Griffith have?
3. How tall were adult auks?
4. When were the first mastodon bones discovered that were subjected to scientific study?
5. How many species of gastric-brooding frogs went extinct recently?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and how did extinction emerge as an idea?
2. Where were the Panamanian golden frogs housed, when it was discovered they were dying?
3. How did Charles Lyell become a scientist?
4. What was Castello Aragonese?
5. What were the frogs like that Darwin discovered in Chile?
6. Why did it seem logical that Walter Alvarez became a scientist?
7. Where had Bd spread?
8. What does the town of El Valle De Anton look like?
9. In Chapter 5, what rocks did Luis Alvarez study and what did he learn?
10. What is the purpose and design of the Icelandic Institute of Natural History?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Darwin was greatly influenced by Lyell. How did Darwin's theories first support and then contradict Lyell's theories? Why did that cause a rift between the men?
Essay Topic 2
Oceans appeared to be becoming more acidic. What were the consequences of acidity in oceans and what implications did that have for future?
Essay Topic 3
A new name was proposed for the epoch of humans. What was the new name proposed and why was it more appropriate than other names that were considered?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)