|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zalasiewicz asked colleagues during a luncheon meeting why they though of the term Anthropocene, how many thought the concept had merit?
(a) 21 out of 22.
(b) 40 out of 51.
(c) 32 out 38.
(d) 15 out of 18.
2. Where did evolution emerge as a concept?
3. When Lyell spoke in Boston, how many people tried to get tickets?
(b) More than 4,000.
(d) About 5,000.
4. When was the Rabbs' fringe-limbed tree frog first identified?
5. In Chapter 5, where was Luis Alvarez able to obtain rock samples?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first clue discovered as to what was killing off frogs around the world?
2. Where was Dob's Linn located?
3. What type of frog can live in the Australian desert?
4. Where did Charles Lyell attend university?
5. What tattoo did Edgardo Griffith have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deforested Easter Island and how was that conclusion derived?
2. How did Lyell and Darwin view extinction?
3. How did Luis Alvarez solve the debate over whether there were treasure-filled chambers inside Egypt's second-largest pyramid?
4. What did Charles Darwin do when he finished Cambridge?
5. Why did Luis Alvarez believe that iridium would help to clock the clay at Gubbio?
6. How was extinction dealt with before the end of the 18th century?
7. Where and how did extinction emerge as an idea?
8. Where had Bd spread?
9. Where were the first mastodon bones found that were studied?
10. Why did it seem logical that Walter Alvarez became a scientist?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)