|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Acropora millepora spawned, how many sperm were in each egg-sperm bundle?
2. From a single species of tree, how many species of beetles had entomologist Terry Erwin collected?
3. How many prey could a colony of army ants on the march consume per day?
4. How much did it cost to feed Suci ficus leaves a year?
(a) Nearly $100,000.
(b) About $50,000.
5. When did Paabo announce his project to sequence the entire Neanderthal genome?
6. How much would the temperature of a hibernating bat drop?
(a) 5-10 degrees.
(b) 15-20 degrees.
(c) 30-40 degrees.
(d) 50-60 degrees.
7. In the northeastern United States, which bats were the first to go into hibernation?
(d) Little browns.
8. How many species of arthropods did Terry Erwin estimate lived in the tropics?
(b) 30 million.
(c) 5 million.
9. When were bones discovered in a cave that gave the world the Neanderthal?
10. In the 1970s, how many species of birds were discovered to live on One Tree?
11. How far was it to walk from the research station on One Tree to DK-13?
(a) About a mile.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 1/4 mile.
(d) About 1 1/2 miles.
12. What cyclone added a ridge on One Tree Island in March 2009?
13. What was Suci given while she had an ultrasound?
(b) Orange slices
(d) Apple slices.
14. When Cohn-Haft and his colleagues banded birds across the reserve, how many did they band?
15. When did Captain James Cook encounter the Great Barrier Reef?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people lived in Biosphere 2 for two years?
2. In Chapter 11, what did Suci weigh?
3. In Chapter 11, how many species of Rhino did the author say still existed?
4. When was it believed that One Tree Island was created?
5. In 1984, how many Sumatran rhinos were sent to zoos in the U.S.?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)