|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many species of birds were estimated to live in the entire world?
2. In Chapter 11, how many species of Rhino did the author say still existed?
3. In the BDFFP's study plots, how many species of trees have been identified?
4. According to the Geological Society of America, how much land had people directly transformed?
(a) About 5 million square acres.
(b) About 45 million square acres.
(c) About 27 million square miles.
(d) About 35 million square acres.
5. What did Suci weigh at birth?
(a) 85 pounds.
(b) 70 pounds.
(c) 30 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
6. How many prey could a colony of army ants on the march consume per day?
7. Where did Silman teach?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) Furman University.
(c) Clemson University.
(d) Wake Forest University.
8. How many Sumtran rhinos were born at the Cincinnati Zoo?
9. In Chapter 8, how many species of trees did Miles Silman say were in his plots?`
10. How many trees did the author believe were growing on One Tree?
11. In the 1960s, where did Ralph Solecki uncovered the remains of several Neanderthals in a cave?
12. In the northeastern United States, which bats were the first to go into hibernation?
(c) Little browns.
13. How much Denisovan DNA did contemporary New Guineans carry?
(a) About 4 percent.
(b) 3 percent.
(c) Up to 6 percent.
(d) 1 percent.
14. How many tree plots had Silman established to study climate change in the tropics?
15. If an ocean current flowed about one mile per hours, in six week, how far could a seed be carried?
(a) More than 1,000 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 700 miles.
(d) About 500 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was it believed that One Tree Island was created?
2. In the 1970s, how many species of birds were discovered to live on One Tree?
3. By the time it was learned that Sumatran rhinos could not just eat hay, how many were left in U.S. zoos?
4. In Chapter 9, by official count, how many species of birds were there in the Amazon?
5. When Acropora millepora spawned, how many sperm were in each egg-sperm bundle?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)