|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Sumtran rhinos were born at the Cincinnati Zoo?
2. How many acres of untouched rainforest were inside Reserve 1202?
3. In Chapter 11, how close was the nearest eligible male rhino?
(a) 180 miles.
(b) 10,000 miles.
(c) 5,000 miles.
(d) 215 miles.
4. How much Neanderthal DNA did all non-Africans carry according to Paabo?
(a) 2 to 3 percent.
(b) 6 percent.
(c) 1 to 4 percent.
(d) 1.5 percent.
5. In 2004, how many black-faced honeycreepers probably existed?
6. What cyclone added a ridge on One Tree Island in March 2009?
7. What was served for dinner on the first night of Hanukkah in Chapter 7?
(c) Kangaroo meat.
8. How much Denisovan DNA did contemporary New Guineans carry?
(a) 1 percent.
(b) Up to 6 percent.
(c) About 4 percent.
(d) 3 percent.
9. When Acropora millepora spawned, how many eggs would be in each egg-sperm bundle?
10. In the northeastern United States, which bats were the first to go into hibernation?
(b) Little browns.
11. In 1984, how many Sumatran rhinos were sent to zoos in the U.S.?
12. In Chapter 8, how long had it taken Silman and the author to travel 50 miles?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) About a half a day.
(c) All day.
(d) 2 hours.
13. When Cohn-Haft and his colleagues banded birds across the reserve, how many did they band?
14. When did Captain James Cook encounter the Great Barrier Reef?
15. When was the best time to take a bat census?
Short Answer Questions
1. At BDFFP in Chapter 9, what bird species would cross road clearings?
2. What was on the ground at One Tree Island?
3. Who was credited with having put the term "biological diversity" into general circulation?
4. For his genome project, how many bones was Paaba able to obtain?
5. In Chapter 9, what color did the author say that the dirt was in Amazonas?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)