|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XI-XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would the temperature of a hibernating bat drop?
(a) 5-10 degrees.
(b) 30-40 degrees.
(c) 50-60 degrees.
(d) 15-20 degrees.
2. How many trees did the author believe were growing on One Tree?
3. Who first proposed that there had been five great mass extinctions during the history of life on Earth?
(a) Wake and Vredenburg.
(b) Smythe and Brandenburg.
(c) Roberts and Whitman.
(d) Andrews and Pierson.
4. Where did Charles Lyell grow up?
(a) South of England.
(d) North of England.
5. What did Luis Alvarez decide to use to clock the clay in Gola del Bottaccione?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Paul Crutzen, how much of the earth had been transformed by human activity?
2. In the 1970s, how many species of birds were discovered to live on One Tree?
3. Where did evolution emerge as a concept?
4. What did the call of the horned marsupial frog sound like?
5. What cyclone added a ridge on One Tree Island in March 2009?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)