|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XI-XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zalasiewicz asked colleagues during a luncheon meeting why they though of the term Anthropocene, how many thought the concept had merit?
(a) 21 out of 22.
(b) 15 out of 18.
(c) 40 out of 51.
(d) 32 out 38.
2. What did Suci weigh at birth?
(a) 85 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 70 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
3. Where did evolution emerge as a concept?
4. Where did the HMS "Beagle" make its first stop?
(a) St. Jago.
5. Where did Darwin pick up volume two of Lyell's work?
(c) New Zealand.
(d) Galapagos Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did students begin returning from trips to Sierra Nevada empty-handed?
2. When did Cuvier give the "mastodonte" its name in a paper he published?
3. What was Suci given while she had an ultrasound?
4. Who was the first scientist to test sensitivity of coral to the saturation state?
5. How many species of gastric-brooding frogs went extinct recently?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)