|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the HMS "Beagle" make its first stop?
(c) St. Jago.
2. According to an old ballad, who was pushed over a precipice at Dob's Linn?
(a) A small boy.
(b) A false lover.
3. On which edge of Castello Aragonese were the waters more or less unaffected by the vents?
4. When did Hall-Spencer first take a trip to the vents near Castello Aragonese?
5. During the end-Permian extinction, how much did scientists theorize the seas warmed?
(a) 20 degrees.
(b) 70 degrees.
(c) 18 degrees.
(d) 50 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how long had it taken Silman and the author to travel 50 miles?
2. Where did Charles Lyell attend university?
3. How big was each of Silman's tree plots?
4. According to Pascal Tassy, how many proboscidean species had been identified?
5. When was the word "catastrophist" first coined?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)