|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I-II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many species of gastric-brooding frogs went extinct recently?
2. What color was the La Loma robber frog?
(b) Green and black.
(d) Reddish blue.
3. Where was the first clue discovered as to what was killing off frogs around the world?
(a) National Zoo in Washington D.C.
(b) San Diego Zoo.
(c) Scientific expedition to Brazil.
(d) Scientific expedition to Chile.
4. How wide was a volcanic crater mentioned by the author in Chapter I?
(a) Nearly 5 feet.
(b) Almost 4 feet.
(c) 2 feet.
(d) 3 feet.
5. Where did golden frogs lay their eggs?
(a) Shallow running water.
(b) Sand dunes.
(c) Shallow caves near creeks.
(d) River banks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Cuvier give the "mastodonte" its name in a paper he published?
2. Worldwide, how many amphibians species had been identified?
3. Where was the Jambato toad found in backyard gardens?
4. In the late 1980s, where did an American herpetologist go and find only one single male golden toad?
5. How many average-sized mice could be killed by the poison in the skin of one golden-frog?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)