|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III-IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Icelandic Institute of Natural History located?
2. How wide was a volcanic crater mentioned by the author in Chapter I?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) Almost 4 feet.
(d) Nearly 5 feet.
3. When the Alvarezes published their hypothesis, how many sites did they know of where the iridium layer was exposed?
4. Where did Darwin pick up volume two of Lyell's work?
(a) Galapagos Islands.
(d) New Zealand.
5. In 1984, where were grains of shocked quartz found in a layer of clay?
(b) Western Utah.
(c) Eastern Montana.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Alvarez get a job at Berkeley?
2. When was the breeding season for auks?
3. When was it difficult to avoid stepping on frogs in Sierra Nevada?
4. When was the Rabbs' fringe-limbed tree frog first identified?
5. When Lyell spoke in Boston, how many people tried to get tickets?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)