|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III-IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luis Alvarez decide to use to clock the clay in Gola del Bottaccione?
2. What size was a skeleton discovered west of Buenos Aires?
(a) 12 feet long and 6 feet high.
(b) 10 feet long and 8 feet high.
(c) 9 feet long and 9 feet high.
(d) 15 feet long and 7 feet high.
3. When Europeans first landed on an island in Newfoundland, how many auk was it estimated were there?
(a) About 50,000 pairs.
(b) 10,000 pairs.
(c) 75,000 pairs.
(d) As many as 100,000 pairs.
4. According to Pascal Tassy, how many proboscidean species had been identified?
5. When was the Alvarezes' paper "Extraterrestrial Cause for the Cretaceous-Tertiary Extinction" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what zoo did herpetologist Paul Crump work?
2. How wide was a volcanic crater mentioned by the author in Chapter I?
3. Worldwide, how many amphibians species had been identified?
4. How old was Charles Darwin when he was invited to serve as a sort of gentleman's companion to the captain of the HMS "Beagle"?
5. How long a line did Armannsson use when he fished for cod?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)