|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III-IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Worldwide, how many amphibians species had been identified?
(b) Just over 7,000.
(d) About 5,000.
2. When a second set of mastodon bones were found, where we they sent?
3. When were the first mastodon bones discovered that were subjected to scientific study?
4. How wide was a volcanic crater mentioned by the author in Chapter I?
(a) Almost 4 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) Nearly 5 feet.
(d) 2 feet.
5. When were the golden-frogs in Sante Fe, effectively wiped out?
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall were adult auks?
2. What did the market of El Valle offer besides embroidery and hats?
3. What did the call of the horned marsupial frog sound like?
4. When was the tenth edition of Car Linnaeus' "Systema Naturae" published?
5. Where was the Icelandic Institute of Natural History located?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)