|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
(a) At the market.
(b) At the temple.
(c) At the infirmary.
(d) At the school.
2. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
(b) School children.
(c) Legacy hunters.
3. Which religion did Juvenal claim to be "a vice disguised as virtue"?
4. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
(a) His birthday.
(d) New Year's Day.
5. What was the name of the famous gourmand in Satire XI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
2. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
3. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
4. How was the Spartan who is convicted of embezzlement punished?
5. How did the son who inherited the money in Satire XIV treat it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Juvenal's response to Calvinus' financial plight?
2. Who were Demosthenes and Circero?
3. Why did Persicus dine at Juvenal's home?
4. How did Juvenal determine which men were good rulers?
5. In what ways did the goddess Fortune come into play in Catullus' story?
6. How did Catullus survive a sinking ship?
7. What type of relationship did Fuscinus' son have with his wife?
8. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' actions?
9. According to Juvenal, why was it a bad idea for parents to pray for attractive children?
10. What event changed the way that Virro treated Naevolous, generating a change in his appearance?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)