|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
2. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
(b) The crew.
(c) The wind.
(d) The gods.
3. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
(a) Flowers planted at the harbor.
(b) An offering to the gods.
(c) A round of beers at the saloon.
(d) The erection of a Maypole.
4. In Juvenal's opinion, how did the morals of ancient men compare to the morals of modern men?
(a) Morals were equally lax in both ancient and modern times.
(b) Morals were equally strict in both ancient and modern times.
(c) Morals were stricter in ancient times.
(d) Morals are stricter in modern times.
5. How did Calvinus feel about the money that he had lost?
(a) He was devastated.
(b) He was apathetic.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was angered.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Juvenal, which of the following flower types drew men naturally?
2. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
3. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
4. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
5. Why did Virro want Naevolus killed?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)