|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe men who spent their lives in squalor only to die millionaires?
3. From whom did Juvenal believe children learn bad morals?
(a) From their teachers.
(b) From their parents.
(c) From their schoolmates.
(d) From animals.
4. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
5. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Juvenal's opinion, which form of inheritance was most dangerous?
2. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
3. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
4. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
5. What type of plates did soldiers eat off of at Juvenal's dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Juvenal determine which men were good rulers?
2. Why did Juvenal think that it was impossible for rich men to keep secrets?
3. What bad behavior did daughters learn specifically from their mothers?
4. In what ways did the goddess Fortune come into play in Catullus' story?
5. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' actions?
6. What happened to the majority of the wealth that was in Rome during Nero's reign?
7. According to Juvenal, what changed about humanity in the Ninth Age of Manhood?
8. What type of relationship did Fuscinus' son have with his wife?
9. Who were Demosthenes and Circero?
10. What type of dinner party did Juvenal host when his friend Persicus went to visit him?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)