|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
(a) He has been fired.
(b) For an adventure.
(c) For more money.
(d) For the pursuit of love.
2. How much money did Calvinus lose in Satire XIII?
3. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
(a) The crew.
(b) The gods.
(c) The wind.
4. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
5. Why did people in Rome mock gourmands?
(a) Because they are poor.
(b) Because they were fat.
(c) Because they were mute.
(d) Because they were atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Satire XIV, which of the following crimes did Juvenal accuse Rutilus of committing?
2. Which of the following illnesses threatened to destroy Pompey?
3. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
4. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
5. The Tagres and the Pactolus referred to which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Persicus dine at Juvenal's home?
2. What bad behavior did daughters learn specifically from their mothers?
3. How did Naevolus' appearance change over the course of his friendship with Juvenal?
4. Who were Demosthenes and Circero?
5. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' actions?
6. What happened to the majority of the wealth that was in Rome during Nero's reign?
7. How did Juvenal feel about Rome's infatuation with pedigree?
8. Who was Rutilus, and what bad habit was he teaching his son?
9. How did Catullus survive a sinking ship?
10. According to Juvenal, what changed about humanity in the Ninth Age of Manhood?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)