|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Juvenal's opinion, how did the morals of ancient men compare to the morals of modern men?
(a) Morals were stricter in ancient times.
(b) Morals were equally strict in both ancient and modern times.
(c) Morals were equally lax in both ancient and modern times.
(d) Morals are stricter in modern times.
2. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
(a) His hair turns grey.
(b) He gets fat.
(c) He shrinks in size.
(d) He gets wrinkles on his face.
3. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(b) Cossutianus Capito.
4. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
5. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
2. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
3. What type of plates did soldiers eat off of at Juvenal's dinner party?
4. Which of the following was NOT something that Juvenal believed that all men should know about themselves?
5. What did Juvenal claim to be the only fear that Roman men had?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)