|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
2. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was sensible.
(b) Because he was strong.
(c) Because he was quick.
(d) Because he was brave.
3. Which of the following crimes was NOT committed by Calvinus?
(a) Hiring thugs.
(b) Setting fire to his hallway.
(c) Lusting for a married woman.
(d) Stealing from the shrines.
4. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
(a) Deep sea fishing.
(b) Dice roll.
(c) Gladiator fight.
(d) Lion hunt.
5. What type of material did men in Rome use to construct their tables before the city grew rich from war?
(a) Baked mud.
(b) Pounded metal.
(c) Large stones.
(d) Fallen trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the famous gourmand in Satire XI?
2. During which age of mankind did Juvenal live?
3. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
4. Why did Virro want Naevolus killed?
5. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)