|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Desperate men.
(b) Noble men.
(c) Guilty men.
(d) Virtuous men.
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
4. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
5. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which herb did Juvenal advise Naevolus to chew as an aphrodisiac?
2. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
3. According to Juvenal, which type of envy would get a man overthrown quickly?
4. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
5. From whom did Juvenal believe children learn bad morals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What typically happened to the men who were brave enough to borrow money from Rome?
2. Why were gourmands regularly mocked?
3. According to Juvenal, why was the prayer for long life a foolish one?
4. Who were Demosthenes and Circero?
5. According to Juvenal, what changed about humanity in the Ninth Age of Manhood?
6. What bad behavior did daughters learn specifically from their mothers?
7. Why was Juvenal's celebration called into question by the legacy hunters?
8. Who was Rebellius Blandus, and why did Juvenal think that he was such a dishonorable man?
9. What type of dinner party did Juvenal host when his friend Persicus went to visit him?
10. Why did Juvenal think that it was impossible for rich men to keep secrets?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)