|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
2. Which of the following crimes was NOT committed by Calvinus?
(a) Lusting for a married woman.
(b) Setting fire to his hallway.
(c) Stealing from the shrines.
(d) Hiring thugs.
3. What did Calvinus want to happen to the man who had stolen his money?
(a) He wanted him executed.
(b) He wanted him banished.
(c) He wanted him jailed.
(d) He wanted him beaten.
4. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
5. Which of the following men had the lavish garden Juvenal spoke of in Satire XIV?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something that Juvenal believed that all men should know about themselves?
2. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
3. On which of the following did the father in Satire XIV spend all of his money?
4. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
5. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad behavior did daughters learn specifically from their mothers?
2. According to Juvenal, what changed about humanity in the Ninth Age of Manhood?
3. What type of relationship did Fuscinus' son have with his wife?
4. What event changed the way that Virro treated Naevolous, generating a change in his appearance?
5. Why was Juvenal's celebration called into question by the legacy hunters?
6. What type of relationship did Naevolus have with Virro?
7. What happened to Calvinus' fortune, and what was his reaction?
8. How did Catullus survive a sinking ship?
9. Why were gourmands regularly mocked?
10. How did Juvenal determine which men were good rulers?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)