|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religion did Juvenal claim to be "a vice disguised as virtue"?
2. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His age.
(b) His race.
(c) His weight.
(d) His upbringing.
3. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
(a) New Year's Day.
(c) His birthday.
4. The Tagres and the Pactolus referred to which of the following?
5. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
3. How did the son who inherited the money in Satire XIV treat it?
4. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
5. Which of the following item types concerned gourmands the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Juvenal, why was the prayer for long life a foolish one?
2. How did Catullus survive a sinking ship?
3. What happened to Calvinus' fortune, and what was his reaction?
4. Who was Rebellius Blandus, and why did Juvenal think that he was such a dishonorable man?
5. What typically happened to the men who were brave enough to borrow money from Rome?
6. What type of relationship did Naevolus have with Virro?
7. Who was Rutilus, and what bad habit was he teaching his son?
8. How did Naevolus' appearance change over the course of his friendship with Juvenal?
9. How did Juvenal determine which men were good rulers?
10. Who were Demosthenes and Circero?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)