|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Calvinus want to happen to the man who had stolen his money?
(a) He wanted him banished.
(b) He wanted him jailed.
(c) He wanted him beaten.
(d) He wanted him executed.
2. How many sons did Catullus have?
3. What type of material did men in Rome use to construct their tables before the city grew rich from war?
(a) Pounded metal.
(b) Baked mud.
(c) Large stones.
(d) Fallen trees.
4. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
(a) Gladiator fight.
(b) Lion hunt.
(c) Deep sea fishing.
(d) Dice roll.
5. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
2. How did Pompey finally die?
3. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
4. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
5. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Naevolus' appearance change over the course of his friendship with Juvenal?
2. What type of relationship did Fuscinus' son have with his wife?
3. What bad behavior did daughters learn specifically from their mothers?
4. Who was Rutilus, and what bad habit was he teaching his son?
5. How did Juvenal determine which men were good rulers?
6. Who were Demosthenes and Circero?
7. What happened to the majority of the wealth that was in Rome during Nero's reign?
8. What was Juvenal's response to Calvinus' financial plight?
9. What typically happened to the men who were brave enough to borrow money from Rome?
10. What event changed the way that Virro treated Naevolous, generating a change in his appearance?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)