|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was sensible.
(b) Because he was strong.
(c) Because he was brave.
(d) Because he was quick.
2. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
3. Which of the following illnesses threatened to destroy Pompey?
4. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His virtue.
(c) His pedigree.
(d) His title.
5. Who was Naevolus' lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plates did soldiers eat off of at Juvenal's dinner party?
2. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
3. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
4. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
5. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rebellius Blandus, and why did Juvenal think that he was such a dishonorable man?
2. Why was Juvenal's celebration called into question by the legacy hunters?
3. According to Juvenal, what changed about humanity in the Ninth Age of Manhood?
4. How did Catullus survive a sinking ship?
5. Why did Juvenal think that it was impossible for rich men to keep secrets?
6. What happened to Calvinus' fortune, and what was his reaction?
7. According to Juvenal, why was it a bad idea for parents to pray for attractive children?
8. What typically happened to the men who were brave enough to borrow money from Rome?
9. Who was Rutilus, and what bad habit was he teaching his son?
10. What example did the father who built buildings in Satire XIV set for his son?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)