|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did Catullus have?
2. Who was Naevolus' lover?
3. Which of the following aspects of Juvenal's life did Persicus investigate?
(a) His financal standing.
(b) His religious affiliations.
(c) His educational background.
(d) His romantic involvement.
4. In Juvenal's opinion, well-raised children would grow into which of the following?
(a) Better parents themselves.
(b) Fine citizens.
(c) God-fearing people.
(d) Soldiers for Rome.
5. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
(a) The anchor.
(d) His belongings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
2. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
3. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
4. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
5. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were gourmands regularly mocked?
2. According to Juvenal, what changed about humanity in the Ninth Age of Manhood?
3. What type of relationship did Fuscinus' son have with his wife?
4. What happened to the majority of the wealth that was in Rome during Nero's reign?
5. What bad behavior did daughters learn specifically from their mothers?
6. How did Naevolus' appearance change over the course of his friendship with Juvenal?
7. Who was Rebellius Blandus, and why did Juvenal think that he was such a dishonorable man?
8. What comparison did Juvenal make of the morality of his day to the morality of ancient days?
9. What was Juvenal's response to Calvinus' financial plight?
10. What typically happened to the men who were brave enough to borrow money from Rome?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)