|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
2. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
3. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
4. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
5. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
2. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
3. Who eloped with Eppia?
4. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
5. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did lawyers in Juvenal's society earn clients?
2. What happened when the king of Rome was presented with a massive fish by a goodhearted fisherman?
3. What complaint did Umbricius have about the Roman court system?
4. Who was Montanus, and what great idea did he come up with?
5. Who was Emperor Domitian?
6. What were the effects of the loss of private patronage for artists?
7. Why did Juvenal write poetry?
8. What complaint did Umbricius have about Roman landlords?
9. What complaint did Laronia cite in relation to adultery in her society?
10. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)