|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To prevent theft.
(b) To display wealth.
(c) To converse.
(d) To ensure great service.
3. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
4. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
5. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
3. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
4. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
5. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Juvenal "prefer the company of a eunuch"?
2. What complaint did Umbricius have about the Roman court system?
3. How did Caesar feel about the muses?
4. What did Juvenal find irritating about play-writing?
5. How did Juvenal feel about Eppia's new husband?
6. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
7. What did Juvenal claim was the worst kind of wife to have?
8. Who was Crispinus?
9. Why did the Lords frequently hold dinner parties?
10. What conflict did Juvenal see in the way that teachers were treated by the parents of their students?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)