|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
2. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) Chicken hearts.
(d) Beef liver.
3. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
(a) Because the muses refused to visit them.
(b) Because they were too worried about money.
(c) Because they were blinded by their own egos.
(d) Because art was not appreciated.
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
5. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
2. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
3. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
4. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reaction did Trebius have to the wine that he was served at Virro's dinner party?
2. Why did the people of Rome turn against the king after his debacle with the massive fish?
3. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
4. What were the effects of the loss of private patronage for artists?
5. Why did Juvenal "prefer the company of a eunuch"?
6. Who was Emperor Domitian?
7. Why did Juvenal write poetry?
8. What complaint did Umbricius have about Roman landlords?
9. What complaint did Umbricius have about the Roman court system?
10. What type of meal was Trebius served at Virro's dinner party?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)