|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are heralded.
(b) They are mocked.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) They are pitied.
2. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The religious.
(b) The poor.
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
5. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By saluting.
(b) By waving.
(c) By shouting greetings.
(d) By blowing kisses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
2. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
3. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
4. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
5. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the effects of the loss of private patronage for artists?
2. Why did the people of Rome turn against the king after his debacle with the massive fish?
3. Aside from adultery, what other problems did Juvenal claim would plague a married couple?
4. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
5. How did Caesar feel about the muses?
6. Why did the Lords frequently hold dinner parties?
7. Who was Crispinus?
8. What did Juvenal consider to be the strongest vice in society during his time?
9. How did Juvenal feel about Eppia's new husband?
10. How did lawyers in Juvenal's society earn clients?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)