|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
2. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
3. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
4. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
5. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
2. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
3. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
4. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
5. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did lawyers in Juvenal's society earn clients?
2. What was the relationship between clients and patrons in Juvenal's village?
3. What complaint did Umbricius have about Roman landlords?
4. Who was Gracchu, and what was Juvenal's complaint about him?
5. What did Juvenal find irritating about play-writing?
6. What advice was Postumus given when he decided that he would like to get married?
7. What type of meal was Trebius served at Virro's dinner party?
8. What did Juvenal claim was the worst kind of wife to have?
9. What complaint did Laronia cite in relation to adultery in her society?
10. Why did Juvenal write poetry?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)