|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(d) Muscular strength.
2. Who eloped with Eppia?
(a) A swordsman.
(b) A wheat farmer.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A tailor.
3. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
4. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He accidentally poisoned himself.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He died in battle.
(d) He was assassinated.
5. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
2. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
3. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
4. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
5. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Montanus, and what great idea did he come up with?
2. Aside from adultery, what other problems did Juvenal claim would plague a married couple?
3. What were the effects of the loss of private patronage for artists?
4. How did the drunks in Rome take advantage of the poor?
5. Why did the Lords frequently hold dinner parties?
6. Who was Emperor Domitian?
7. Who was Crispinus?
8. What complaint did Umbricius have about Roman landlords?
9. Why did Juvenal write poetry?
10. What type of meal was Trebius served at Virro's dinner party?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)