|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The poor.
(d) The religious.
2. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(b) Discobulous Myron.
(c) Esquiline Hill.
(d) Palatium Place.
3. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
4. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
5. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
2. Who is the narrator of this novel?
3. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
4. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
5. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the effects of the loss of private patronage for artists?
2. Why did Juvenal write poetry?
3. What happened during the wars between Ombi and Tentyra?
4. What did Juvenal think separated man from animals?
5. What type of meal was Trebius served at Virro's dinner party?
6. What did Juvenal find irritating about play-writing?
7. Why did the people of Rome turn against the king after his debacle with the massive fish?
8. How did Juvenal determine which men were good rulers?
9. How did Juvenal feel about Eppia's new husband?
10. Why did Juvenal think that it was impossible for rich men to keep secrets?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)