|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of food and wine.
(b) The gods of music.
(c) The gods of love.
(d) The gods of war.
2. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
3. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
4. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
5. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A queen.
(c) A priestess.
(d) A school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
3. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
4. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
2. Why did the people of Rome turn against the king after his debacle with the massive fish?
3. Who was Emperor Domitian?
4. Who was Montanus, and what great idea did he come up with?
5. What was the relationship between clients and patrons in Juvenal's village?
6. What happened when the king of Rome was presented with a massive fish by a goodhearted fisherman?
7. What reason did Umbrucius give for wanting to move away from Rome?
8. What did Juvenal claim was the worst kind of wife to have?
9. How did lawyers in Juvenal's society earn clients?
10. What complaint did Umbricius have about the Roman court system?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)