|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eloped with Eppia?
(a) A tailor.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A wheat farmer.
(d) A swordsman.
2. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
(b) Helvidus Priscus.
3. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
(a) A musical wife.
(b) A gossiping wife.
(c) A well-read wife.
(d) A drunken wife.
4. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
5. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
2. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
3. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
5. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relationship between clients and patrons in Juvenal's village?
2. What complaint did Laronia cite in relation to adultery in her society?
3. Who was Crispinus?
4. What reason did Umbrucius give for wanting to move away from Rome?
5. What did Juvenal consider to be the strongest vice in society during his time?
6. Who was Montanus, and what great idea did he come up with?
7. What type of meal was Trebius served at Virro's dinner party?
8. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
9. How did Caesar feel about the muses?
10. What reaction did Trebius have to the wine that he was served at Virro's dinner party?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)