|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
2. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
3. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A university.
(b) A library.
(c) A theater.
(d) A hospital.
4. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
3. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
4. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
5. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice was Postumus given when he decided that he would like to get married?
2. What reaction did Trebius have to the wine that he was served at Virro's dinner party?
3. What happened when the king of Rome was presented with a massive fish by a goodhearted fisherman?
4. What did Juvenal claim was the worst kind of wife to have?
5. Who was Montanus, and what great idea did he come up with?
6. Who was Gracchu, and what was Juvenal's complaint about him?
7. Why did Juvenal "prefer the company of a eunuch"?
8. What type of meal was Trebius served at Virro's dinner party?
9. What reason did Umbrucius give for wanting to move away from Rome?
10. Who was Emperor Domitian?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)