|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
2. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
3. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A queen.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) A priestess.
(d) A goddess.
4. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
5. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
3. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
4. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
5. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did lawyers in Juvenal's society earn clients?
2. What complaint did Umbricius have about Roman landlords?
3. What happened when the king of Rome was presented with a massive fish by a goodhearted fisherman?
4. Why did Juvenal write poetry?
5. What complaint did Laronia cite in relation to adultery in her society?
6. What complaint did Umbricius have about the Roman court system?
7. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
8. What did Juvenal find irritating about play-writing?
9. Why did Juvenal "prefer the company of a eunuch"?
10. Why did the Lords frequently hold dinner parties?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)