|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(c) The poor.
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Ladies in Waiting.
(d) The Queen.
3. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
4. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
5. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
2. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
3. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
4. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Gracchu, and what was Juvenal's complaint about him?
2. What complaint did Umbricius have about the Roman court system?
3. What happened during the wars between Ombi and Tentyra?
4. What happened to the majority of the wealth that was in Rome during Nero's reign?
5. How did the drunks in Rome take advantage of the poor?
6. How did Naevolus' appearance change over the course of his friendship with Juvenal?
7. Why did Persicus dine at Juvenal's home?
8. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
9. What example did the father who built buildings in Satire XIV set for his son?
10. How did Juvenal determine which men were good rulers?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)