|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(a) Discobulous Myron.
(b) Esquiline Hill.
(d) Palatium Place.
2. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The poor.
(b) The religious.
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Privy Council.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Ladies in Waiting.
(d) The Jester.
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
5. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
(b) Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
2. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
3. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
4. What did Juvenal claim women to crave?
5. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of relationship did Naevolus have with Virro?
2. How did Juvenal determine which men were good rulers?
3. According to Juvenal, what changed about humanity in the Ninth Age of Manhood?
4. What complaint did Umbricius have about the Roman court system?
5. What advice was Postumus given when he decided that he would like to get married?
6. What did Juvenal find irritating about play-writing?
7. What example did the father who built buildings in Satire XIV set for his son?
8. What happened when the king of Rome was presented with a massive fish by a goodhearted fisherman?
9. Why was Juvenal's celebration called into question by the legacy hunters?
10. What was Juvenal's response to Calvinus' financial plight?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)