|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eloped with Eppia?
(a) A swordsman.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A tailor.
(d) A wheat farmer.
2. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
3. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A priestess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A goddess.
4. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
5. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
3. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
4. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
5. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Emperor Domitian?
2. Why did the people of Rome turn against the king after his debacle with the massive fish?
3. What reaction did Trebius have to the wine that he was served at Virro's dinner party?
4. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
5. What advice was Postumus given when he decided that he would like to get married?
6. Who was Crispinus?
7. What complaint did Umbricius have about Roman landlords?
8. What reason did Umbrucius give for wanting to move away from Rome?
9. How did Caesar feel about the muses?
10. Why did Juvenal write poetry?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)