|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
2. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His niece.
3. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(b) The poor.
(d) The religious.
4. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
5. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To square debts.
(b) To entertain.
(c) To showcase friendships.
(d) To pitch sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
2. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
3. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
4. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
5. What did Juvenal claim women to crave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaint did Umbricius have about Roman landlords?
2. What happened when the king of Rome was presented with a massive fish by a goodhearted fisherman?
3. Why did the Lords frequently hold dinner parties?
4. What were the effects of the loss of private patronage for artists?
5. Who was Montanus, and what great idea did he come up with?
6. What reaction did Trebius have to the wine that he was served at Virro's dinner party?
7. What did Juvenal claim was the worst kind of wife to have?
8. What conflict did Juvenal see in the way that teachers were treated by the parents of their students?
9. How did the drunks in Rome take advantage of the poor?
10. Aside from adultery, what other problems did Juvenal claim would plague a married couple?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)