|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
2. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was buried alive.
(c) She was stoned.
(d) She was banished.
3. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
(a) Expensive wine.
(b) Rough wine.
(c) White wine.
(d) Vintage wine.
4. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
5. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
2. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
3. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
4. How was Domitian killed?
5. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Juvenal think separated man from animals?
2. Who was Rutilus, and what bad habit was he teaching his son?
3. What typically happened to the men who were brave enough to borrow money from Rome?
4. Why did Juvenal "prefer the company of a eunuch"?
5. What reaction did Trebius have to the wine that he was served at Virro's dinner party?
6. How did Naevolus' appearance change over the course of his friendship with Juvenal?
7. What conflict did Juvenal see in the way that teachers were treated by the parents of their students?
8. Why did Persicus dine at Juvenal's home?
9. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' actions?
10. Who was Emperor Domitian?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)