|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
(b) History writer.
(c) Speech writer.
2. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
4. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Chicken hearts.
(b) Fresh fruit.
(d) Beef liver.
5. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By waving.
(b) By blowing kisses.
(c) By saluting.
(d) By shouting greetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
3. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
4. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
5. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Crispinus?
2. Why did Juvenal "prefer the company of a eunuch"?
3. Who was Emperor Domitian?
4. Why did Juvenal write poetry?
5. How did Juvenal feel about the way that Trebius was treated at Virro's dinner party?
6. Why did the Lords frequently hold dinner parties?
7. What did Juvenal find irritating about play-writing?
8. What was the relationship between clients and patrons in Juvenal's village?
9. What advice was Postumus given when he decided that he would like to get married?
10. What complaint did Laronia cite in relation to adultery in her society?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)