|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
2. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
(a) A gossiping wife.
(b) A well-read wife.
(c) A drunken wife.
(d) A musical wife.
3. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To square debts.
(b) To showcase friendships.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To pitch sales.
4. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
5. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
6. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
7. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
8. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
9. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(a) Muscular strength.
10. Who is the narrator of this novel?
11. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
(a) A solid gold goblet.
(b) A clay goblet.
(c) A gem-encrusted goblet.
(d) A plain glass goblet.
12. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(a) Palatium Place.
(b) Esquiline Hill.
(d) Discobulous Myron.
13. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are pitied.
(b) They are ignored.
(c) They are heralded.
(d) They are mocked.
14. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
15. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
2. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
3. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
4. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
5. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)