|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(d) Muscular strength.
3. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
4. Which of the following countries claimed that Rome had "monstrous morals"?
5. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 12 BC.
(b) 32 BC.
(c) 89 AD.
(d) 43 AD.
6. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 40 silver coins.
(b) 10 francs.
(c) 20 copper coins.
(d) 60 gold pieces.
7. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
8. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
9. Who eloped with Eppia?
(a) A wheat farmer.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A swordsman.
10. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(d) The poor.
11. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To display wealth.
(b) To converse.
(c) To ensure great service.
(d) To prevent theft.
12. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
13. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To pitch sales.
(b) To entertain.
(c) To showcase friendships.
(d) To square debts.
14. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
15. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
2. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
3. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
4. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
5. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)