|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
2. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(c) The religious.
(d) The poor.
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
4. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To pitch sales.
(b) To entertain.
(c) To showcase friendships.
(d) To square debts.
5. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
(a) The Bronze Era.
(b) The Gold Era.
(c) The Platinum Era.
(d) The Silver Era.
6. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) An urchin.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) A lobster.
(d) A sea snake.
7. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
8. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are pitied.
(b) They are mocked.
(c) They are heralded.
(d) They are ignored.
9. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
10. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
11. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
12. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
13. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
14. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
15. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Chicken hearts.
(b) Beef liver.
(c) Fresh fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Juvenal claim women to crave?
2. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
5. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)