|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries claimed that Rome had "monstrous morals"?
2. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
3. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A gifted musician.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A war general.
(d) A dangerous criminal.
4. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
5. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
6. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A university.
(b) A theater.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A library.
7. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He died in battle.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He accidentally poisoned himself.
8. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
9. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
10. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) His heart had been broken in Rome.
(b) There were no jobs in Rome.
(c) There was too much violence in Rome.
(d) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
11. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To ensure great service.
(b) To display wealth.
(c) To converse.
(d) To prevent theft.
12. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
(a) White wine.
(b) Vintage wine.
(c) Expensive wine.
(d) Rough wine.
13. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A sea snake.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A lobster.
14. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To showcase friendships.
(b) To pitch sales.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To square debts.
15. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
(a) Helvidus Priscus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
3. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
4. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)