Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(c) The poor.
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Ladies in Waiting.
(d) The Queen.
3. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
4. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
5. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
6. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of music.
(b) The gods of war.
(c) The gods of love.
(d) The gods of food and wine.
7. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
8. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) There was too much violence in Rome.
(c) There were no jobs in Rome.
(d) His heart had been broken in Rome.
9. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A dangerous criminal.
(c) A gifted musician.
(d) A war general.
10. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(b) Palatium Place.
(c) Esquiline Hill.
(d) Discobulous Myron.
11. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
12. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
(d) Helvidus Priscus.
13. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
14. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
15. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
2. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
5. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)