|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
2. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(a) Discobulous Myron.
(b) Esquiline Hill.
(d) Palatium Place.
3. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
4. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He died in battle.
(c) He accidentally poisoned himself.
(d) He was assassinated.
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) An urchin.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) A sea snake.
(d) A lobster.
6. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
(a) Speech writer.
(d) History writer.
7. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
8. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
(a) He was apathetic.
(b) He was disappointed.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was proud of him.
9. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
(b) Julius Caesar.
10. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To display wealth.
(b) To ensure great service.
(c) To prevent theft.
(d) To converse.
11. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
12. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
13. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(c) Muscular strength.
14. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
15. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 12 BC.
(b) 43 AD.
(c) 89 AD.
(d) 32 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
2. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
3. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
4. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
5. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)