|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
2. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
3. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
(a) The Bronze Era.
(b) The Platinum Era.
(c) The Silver Era.
(d) The Gold Era.
4. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
5. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of love.
(b) The gods of food and wine.
(c) The gods of music.
(d) The gods of war.
6. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
7. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(a) Cross dressers.
8. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
9. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A gifted musician.
(b) A war general.
(c) A dangerous criminal.
(d) A martyr.
10. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
11. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A university.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A theater.
(d) A library.
12. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
13. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
14. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
15. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) There was too much violence in Rome.
(b) There were no jobs in Rome.
(c) His heart had been broken in Rome.
(d) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Domitian killed?
2. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
3. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
4. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
5. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)