|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
2. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A university.
(b) A theater.
(c) A library.
(d) A hospital.
3. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
4. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
(a) Because art was not appreciated.
(b) Because they were too worried about money.
(c) Because they were blinded by their own egos.
(d) Because the muses refused to visit them.
5. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
6. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
7. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
8. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
9. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
10. Who is the narrator of this novel?
11. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By blowing kisses.
(b) By saluting.
(c) By shouting greetings.
(d) By waving.
12. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
13. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
14. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
(a) Cross the sea.
(b) Alleviate boredom.
(c) Make the man a father.
(d) Give up her dowry.
15. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of war.
(b) The gods of music.
(c) The gods of food and wine.
(d) The gods of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
2. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
3. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
4. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
5. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)