|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(a) Muscular strength.
2. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
3. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
4. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
5. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
6. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
7. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
8. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
9. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
10. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(a) Esquiline Hill.
(b) Discobulous Myron.
(c) Palatium Place.
11. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
12. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
13. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
14. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
15. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
2. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
3. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
4. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
5. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)