|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The poor.
(b) The religious.
2. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
5. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
6. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
7. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
8. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
9. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(b) Cross dressers.
10. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A grouse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A boar.
11. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
12. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
13. Which of the following countries claimed that Rome had "monstrous morals"?
14. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To pitch sales.
(b) To square debts.
(c) To showcase friendships.
(d) To entertain.
15. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
2. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
3. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
4. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
5. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)