|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
2. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To square debts.
(b) To pitch sales.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To showcase friendships.
3. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
4. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
5. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
6. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
7. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
8. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
9. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was banished.
(c) She was buried alive.
(d) She was stoned.
10. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He died in battle.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He accidentally poisoned himself.
(d) He was drowned.
11. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
12. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
(c) History writer.
(d) Speech writer.
13. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
(a) Helvidus Priscus.
14. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
15. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
2. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
3. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
4. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
5. Which of the following countries claimed that Rome had "monstrous morals"?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)