|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
2. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
(a) The Silver Era.
(b) The Gold Era.
(c) The Bronze Era.
(d) The Platinum Era.
3. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To prevent theft.
(b) To ensure great service.
(c) To converse.
(d) To display wealth.
4. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
(a) Rough wine.
(b) Vintage wine.
(c) Expensive wine.
(d) White wine.
5. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
6. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To showcase friendships.
(b) To square debts.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To pitch sales.
7. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was buried alive.
(b) She was banished.
(c) She was drowned.
(d) She was stoned.
8. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
9. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 43 AD.
(b) 12 BC.
(c) 32 BC.
(d) 89 AD.
10. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
11. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
(b) Helvidus Priscus.
12. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
13. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He died in battle.
(d) He accidentally poisoned himself.
14. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
15. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of love.
(b) The gods of food and wine.
(c) The gods of music.
(d) The gods of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
2. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
3. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
4. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
5. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)