|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Jester.
(d) The Privy Council.
3. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
4. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
5. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
6. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(d) The poor.
7. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) An urchin.
(b) A lobster.
(c) A sea snake.
(d) A giant fish.
8. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
9. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
10. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
(a) Speech writer.
(d) History writer.
11. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
12. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
13. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
14. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A boar.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A grouse.
(d) A donkey.
15. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
2. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
3. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
4. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)