|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
2. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
4. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
(a) The Platinum Era.
(b) The Gold Era.
(c) The Silver Era.
(d) The Bronze Era.
5. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
6. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
7. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He died in battle.
(d) He accidentally poisoned himself.
8. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
9. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was buried alive.
(c) She was banished.
(d) She was stoned.
10. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
11. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are heralded.
(d) They are mocked.
12. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
13. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
14. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of love.
(b) The gods of food and wine.
(c) The gods of war.
(d) The gods of music.
15. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 40 silver coins.
(b) 20 copper coins.
(c) 60 gold pieces.
(d) 10 francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
2. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
3. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
4. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
5. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)