|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 40 silver coins.
(b) 20 copper coins.
(c) 10 francs.
(d) 60 gold pieces.
2. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(d) Cross dressers.
3. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
4. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
(a) Expensive wine.
(b) Rough wine.
(c) White wine.
(d) Vintage wine.
5. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
(a) Cross the sea.
(b) Make the man a father.
(c) Give up her dowry.
(d) Alleviate boredom.
6. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A boar.
(c) A grouse.
(d) A vulture.
7. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
8. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was stoned.
(b) She was banished.
(c) She was drowned.
(d) She was buried alive.
9. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
10. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
11. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
12. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
13. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
14. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
15. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
2. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
4. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
5. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)