|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
(a) A gem-encrusted goblet.
(b) A solid gold goblet.
(c) A plain glass goblet.
(d) A clay goblet.
2. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
(a) A gossiping wife.
(b) A musical wife.
(c) A well-read wife.
(d) A drunken wife.
3. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
(b) Speech writer.
(d) History writer.
4. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 12 BC.
(b) 89 AD.
(c) 43 AD.
(d) 32 BC.
5. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
6. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
7. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
8. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
9. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are mocked.
(b) They are heralded.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) They are pitied.
10. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
11. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
12. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
(a) White wine.
(b) Rough wine.
(c) Expensive wine.
(d) Vintage wine.
13. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
(a) He was disappointed.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was proud of him.
(d) He was apathetic.
14. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was buried alive.
(b) She was drowned.
(c) She was banished.
(d) She was stoned.
15. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
2. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
3. What did Juvenal claim women to crave?
4. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
5. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)