|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eloped with Eppia?
(a) A tailor.
(b) A wheat farmer.
(c) A swordsman.
(d) A blacksmith.
2. What was the name of the famous gourmand in Satire XI?
3. What did Juvenal claim to be the only fear that Roman men had?
(a) Sexual immorality.
(d) The wrath of the gods.
4. Which religion did Juvenal claim to be "a vice disguised as virtue"?
5. Which of the following was NOT something that Juvenal believed that all men should know about themselves?
(a) Their financial standings.
(b) The limits of their talent.
(c) Their religious salvation.
(d) Their love for a spouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crimes was NOT committed by Calvinus?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe men who spent their lives in squalor only to die millionaires?
3. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
4. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
5. According to Juvenal, how did the gods react when men cried out for money?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)