|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
(a) His cups being very cheap.
(b) His bedding being thin.
(c) His servant being a novice.
(d) His meal being meager.
2. Which of the following aspects of Juvenal's life did Persicus investigate?
(a) His educational background.
(b) His romantic involvement.
(c) His financal standing.
(d) His religious affiliations.
3. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
4. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The religious.
(b) The poor.
5. How did Pompey finally die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He fell to his death.
(d) He was decapitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which of the following did the father in Satire XIV spend all of his money?
2. How many sons did Catullus have?
3. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
4. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
5. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)