|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people in Rome mock gourmands?
(a) Because they were fat.
(b) Because they are poor.
(c) Because they were atheist.
(d) Because they were mute.
2. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
(a) He gets fat.
(b) His hair turns grey.
(c) He shrinks in size.
(d) He gets wrinkles on his face.
3. Which of the following illnesses threatened to destroy Pompey?
4. How many sons did Catullus have?
5. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
2. How was the Spartan who is convicted of embezzlement punished?
3. The Tagres and the Pactolus referred to which of the following?
4. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
5. Which of the following animals was NOT one that Juvenal believed that the Egyptians worshiped?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)