|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country did Juvenal claim men stayed alive through the practice of cannibalism due to widespread famine?
2. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
4. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
5. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
(a) A round of beers at the saloon.
(b) The erection of a Maypole.
(c) Flowers planted at the harbor.
(d) An offering to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
2. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
3. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
4. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
5. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)