|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men had the lavish garden Juvenal spoke of in Satire XIV?
2. Who eloped with Eppia?
(a) A wheat farmer.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A swordsman.
(d) A tailor.
3. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
(a) His hair turns grey.
(b) He gets fat.
(c) He gets wrinkles on his face.
(d) He shrinks in size.
4. How did Pompey finally die?
(a) He was decapitated.
(b) He fell to his death.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He drowned.
5. Which of the following prayers did Juvenal consider to be pointless?
(a) The prayer for long life.
(b) The prayer for good health.
(c) The prayer for wealth.
(d) The prayer for wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the son who inherited the money in Satire XIV treat it?
2. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
3. In Juvenal's opinion, how did the morals of ancient men compare to the morals of modern men?
4. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
5. Which herb did Juvenal advise Naevolus to chew as an aphrodisiac?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)