|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
2. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
(b) History writer.
(c) Speech writer.
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Marriage rites.
(b) Justice rites.
(c) Athletic rites.
(d) Fertility rites.
5. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe men who spent their lives in squalor only to die millionaires?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Juvenal's opinion, how did the morals of ancient men compare to the morals of modern men?
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
5. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)