|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
(a) His bedding being thin.
(b) His servant being a novice.
(c) His cups being very cheap.
(d) His meal being meager.
2. How did the son who inherited the money in Satire XIV treat it?
(a) He invested it.
(b) He tithed it.
(c) He saved it.
(d) He squandered it.
3. Which religion did Juvenal claim to be "a vice disguised as virtue"?
4. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
5. What did Juvenal think would happen to Fuscinus' wealthy daughter-in-law?
(a) Her husband would divorce her.
(b) Her husband would ignore her.
(c) Her husband would cheat on her.
(d) Her husband would kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of material did men in Rome use to construct their tables before the city grew rich from war?
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
3. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
4. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
5. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)