|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following illnesses threatened to destroy Pompey?
2. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
3. What type of animal is the god, Set?
(a) A fish.
(b) A cow.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A pig.
4. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
(a) For the pursuit of love.
(b) For an adventure.
(c) For more money.
(d) He has been fired.
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(a) Discobulous Myron.
(b) Palatium Place.
(d) Esquiline Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did many men who borrowed money from Rome flee the city?
2. Where was the wine that Juvenal served at his dinner party produced?
3. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
4. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe men who spent their lives in squalor only to die millionaires?
5. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)