|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(c) Muscular strength.
3. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
4. Why did Virro want Naevolus killed?
(a) For stealing from him.
(b) For betraying him.
(c) For threatening him.
(d) For lying to him.
5. Which of the following crimes was NOT committed by Calvinus?
(a) Stealing from the shrines.
(b) Setting fire to his hallway.
(c) Lusting for a married woman.
(d) Hiring thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something that Juvenal believed that all men should know about themselves?
2. In Satire XIV, which of the following crimes did Juvenal accuse Rutilus of committing?
3. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
4. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
5. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)