|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal is the god, Set?
(a) A fish.
(b) A cow.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A pig.
2. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
3. What did Calvinus want to happen to the man who had stolen his money?
(a) He wanted him jailed.
(b) He wanted him beaten.
(c) He wanted him banished.
(d) He wanted him executed.
4. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To ensure great service.
(b) To prevent theft.
(c) To display wealth.
(d) To converse.
5. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(a) The poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
2. Which of the following acts did Juvenal consider to be a degradation to heritage?
3. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
4. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
5. Why did people in Rome mock gourmands?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)