|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was strong.
(b) Because he was sensible.
(c) Because he was quick.
(d) Because he was brave.
2. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
(a) A solid gold goblet.
(b) A plain glass goblet.
(c) A clay goblet.
(d) A gem-encrusted goblet.
3. In Juvenal's opinion, well-raised children would grow into which of the following?
(a) Better parents themselves.
(b) Fine citizens.
(c) God-fearing people.
(d) Soldiers for Rome.
4. What did Juvenal claim women to crave?
5. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
2. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
3. Which of the following item types concerned gourmands the most?
4. How did Calvinus feel about the money that he had lost?
5. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)