|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the reign of which of the following were many Romans separated from their wealth and their assets seized?
2. Which of the following prayers did Juvenal consider to be pointless?
(a) The prayer for wealth.
(b) The prayer for wisdom.
(c) The prayer for long life.
(d) The prayer for good health.
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
4. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
5. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 12 BC.
(b) 89 AD.
(c) 43 AD.
(d) 32 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the wine that Juvenal served at his dinner party produced?
2. In Juvenal's opinion, how did the morals of ancient men compare to the morals of modern men?
3. On which of the following did the father in Satire XIV spend all of his money?
4. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
5. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)