|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) There were no jobs in Rome.
(c) There was too much violence in Rome.
(d) His heart had been broken in Rome.
2. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Odyssey.
3. According to Juvenal, which of the following items separated men from animals?
4. Which of the following practices did Juvenal accuse the Egyptians of partaking in?
(b) Devil worship.
(c) Human sacrifice.
5. Juvenal opined that just as adults cleaned their homes, they should also clean which of the following?
(a) Their own souls.
(b) The streets of Rome.
(c) The lives of their children.
(d) The church windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals was NOT one that Juvenal believed that the Egyptians worshiped?
2. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
3. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
4. Why did Virro want Naevolus killed?
5. What type of animal is the god, Set?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)