|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Justice rites.
(b) Athletic rites.
(c) Marriage rites.
(d) Fertility rites.
2. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A gifted musician.
(c) A war general.
(d) A dangerous criminal.
3. Which of the following was NOT something that Juvenal believed that all men should know about themselves?
(a) Their religious salvation.
(b) The limits of their talent.
(c) Their financial standings.
(d) Their love for a spouse.
4. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
5. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
(a) From nobility.
(b) From his neighbor.
(c) From the gods.
(d) From his heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stole money from Calvinus?
2. In Juvenal's opinion, which form of inheritance was most dangerous?
3. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
4. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
5. Which of the following men had the lavish garden Juvenal spoke of in Satire XIV?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)