|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
2. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was banished.
(c) She was buried alive.
(d) She was stoned.
3. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are pitied.
(b) They are heralded.
(c) They are mocked.
(d) They are ignored.
4. What type of material did men in Rome use to construct their tables before the city grew rich from war?
(a) Large stones.
(b) Baked mud.
(c) Pounded metal.
(d) Fallen trees.
5. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
2. According to Juvenal, how did the gods react when men cried out for money?
3. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
4. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
5. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)