|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following prayers did Juvenal consider to be pointless?
(a) The prayer for wisdom.
(b) The prayer for long life.
(c) The prayer for good health.
(d) The prayer for wealth.
2. On which of the following did the father in Satire XIV spend all of his money?
(c) His son's education.
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
4. Juvenal opined that just as adults cleaned their homes, they should also clean which of the following?
(a) The streets of Rome.
(b) The church windows.
(c) Their own souls.
(d) The lives of their children.
5. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
(a) He is irate.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Juvenal, which type of envy would get a man overthrown quickly?
2. In which building did Juvenal suggest that Calvinus spend a few days in order to get some perspective on his life?
3. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
4. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)