|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(a) Cossutianus Capito.
2. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
3. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
4. In Juvenal's opinion, well-raised children would grow into which of the following?
(a) God-fearing people.
(b) Fine citizens.
(c) Soldiers for Rome.
(d) Better parents themselves.
5. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
2. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
3. From whom did Juvenal believe children learn bad morals?
4. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
5. How did Pompey finally die?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)