|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Privy Council.
2. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A giant fish.
(b) A lobster.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A sea snake.
3. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
4. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
5. How did Pompey finally die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He fell to his death.
(c) He was decapitated.
(d) He drowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
2. How much money did Calvinus lose in Satire XIII?
3. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
4. Where was the wine that Juvenal served at his dinner party produced?
5. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)