|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
2. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 40 silver coins.
(b) 10 francs.
(c) 20 copper coins.
(d) 60 gold pieces.
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(d) The poor.
4. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(a) Cossutianus Capito.
5. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
(a) A plain glass goblet.
(b) A clay goblet.
(c) A solid gold goblet.
(d) A gem-encrusted goblet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
2. In Juvenal's opinion, which form of inheritance was most dangerous?
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
4. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
5. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)