|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
2. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
(a) His title.
(b) His virtue.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His pedigree.
3. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Biblical stories.
(b) Shakespearean plays.
(c) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(d) Greek mythology.
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
5. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His weight.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His race.
(d) His age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
2. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
3. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
4. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
5. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)