|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
3. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By shouting greetings.
(b) By waving.
(c) By blowing kisses.
(d) By saluting.
4. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
5. Which of the following was NOT something that Juvenal believed that all men should know about themselves?
(a) Their love for a spouse.
(b) Their religious salvation.
(c) Their financial standings.
(d) The limits of their talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
2. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
3. Which of the following countries claimed that Rome had "monstrous morals"?
4. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
5. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)