|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
2. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
(d) Cossutianus Capito.
3. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
4. What type of plates did soldiers eat off of at Juvenal's dinner party?
5. Why did Virro want Naevolus killed?
(a) For threatening him.
(b) For betraying him.
(c) For lying to him.
(d) For stealing from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
2. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
3. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)