|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A war general.
(c) A dangerous criminal.
(d) A gifted musician.
2. Why did many men who borrowed money from Rome flee the city?
(a) To spend the money that they borrowed in an entrepreneurial way.
(b) To imply that they were wealthy to those outside of Rome.
(c) To hide the shame of borrowing.
(d) To avoid paying back their debts.
3. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
4. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
5. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 10 francs.
(b) 40 silver coins.
(c) 20 copper coins.
(d) 60 gold pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
2. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
3. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
4. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
5. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)