|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
2. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(b) The poor.
4. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
5. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
(a) Because they were blinded by their own egos.
(b) Because art was not appreciated.
(c) Because the muses refused to visit them.
(d) Because they were too worried about money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following item types concerned gourmands the most?
2. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
3. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
4. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
5. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)