|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
2. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was buried alive.
(b) She was drowned.
(c) She was stoned.
(d) She was banished.
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of love.
(b) The gods of war.
(c) The gods of music.
(d) The gods of food and wine.
4. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
5. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
2. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
3. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
4. Where was the wine that Juvenal served at his dinner party produced?
5. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)