|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
2. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
3. According to Juvenal, from whom could a virtuous man borrow heritage?
(a) From the gods.
(b) From his heart.
(c) From nobility.
(d) From his neighbor.
4. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The poor.
(c) The religious.
5. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His weight.
(b) His age.
(c) His race.
(d) His upbringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something that Juvenal believed that all men should know about themselves?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
3. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
4. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
5. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)