|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the market.
(c) At the infirmary.
(d) At the temple.
2. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) There was too much violence in Rome.
(b) There were no jobs in Rome.
(c) His heart had been broken in Rome.
(d) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(b) The poor.
4. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
5. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
2. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
3. During the reign of which of the following were many Romans separated from their wealth and their assets seized?
4. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
5. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)