|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
2. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
(d) Helvidus Priscus.
3. According to Juvenal, which type of envy would get a man overthrown quickly?
(a) Envy of wealth.
(b) Envy of heirs.
(c) Envy of love.
(d) Envy of power.
4. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was strong.
(b) Because he was quick.
(c) Because he was sensible.
(d) Because he was brave.
5. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Greek mythology.
(b) Biblical stories.
(c) Shakespearean plays.
(d) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
2. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
3. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
4. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
5. How many sons did Catullus have?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)