|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Catullus claim to have smiled on the ship on the day of its sinking?
2. Why did people in Rome mock gourmands?
(a) Because they are poor.
(b) Because they were atheist.
(c) Because they were fat.
(d) Because they were mute.
3. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
4. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
(a) A well-read wife.
(b) A musical wife.
(c) A gossiping wife.
(d) A drunken wife.
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) An urchin.
(b) A sea snake.
(c) A lobster.
(d) A giant fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
2. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
3. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
4. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
5. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)