|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Pompey finally die?
(a) He was decapitated.
(b) He fell to his death.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He drowned.
2. How many sons did Catullus have?
3. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
(a) Helvidus Priscus.
4. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
5. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
2. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
3. Which of the following men froze when the ship he was riding began to sink?
4. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
5. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)