|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Blandus' first name?
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
3. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
(a) The crew.
(b) The wind.
(c) The gods.
4. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To display wealth.
(b) To converse.
(c) To ensure great service.
(d) To prevent theft.
5. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To square debts.
(b) To pitch sales.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To showcase friendships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did people in Rome mock gourmands?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
4. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
5. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)