|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Juvenal, which of the following flower types drew men naturally?
2. Why did many men who borrowed money from Rome flee the city?
(a) To spend the money that they borrowed in an entrepreneurial way.
(b) To avoid paying back their debts.
(c) To imply that they were wealthy to those outside of Rome.
(d) To hide the shame of borrowing.
3. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By waving.
(b) By blowing kisses.
(c) By saluting.
(d) By shouting greetings.
4. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
(a) He gets wrinkles on his face.
(b) His hair turns grey.
(c) He gets fat.
(d) He shrinks in size.
5. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His age.
(b) His weight.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eloped with Eppia?
2. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
3. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
4. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
5. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)