|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A sea snake.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A lobster.
2. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A war general.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A gifted musician.
(d) A dangerous criminal.
3. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
4. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
5. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(a) Muscular strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
2. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
3. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
4. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
5. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)