|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
(a) Their good looks.
(b) Their purity.
(c) Their value.
(d) Their performance.
2. Why was Juvenal so proud of Catullus' quick action aboard the ship?
(a) Because he was quick.
(b) Because he was brave.
(c) Because he was sensible.
(d) Because he was strong.
3. Which of the following men froze when the ship he was riding began to sink?
(a) The first mate.
(b) The coxswain.
(c) The deck hand.
(d) The captain.
4. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
(a) At the infirmary.
(b) At the market.
(c) At the school.
(d) At the temple.
5. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
2. Which of the following did Juvenal order in celebration for Catallus' safe return?
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
5. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)