|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
2. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
3. What was the name of the father of Alexander the Great?
4. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Iliad.
5. Which of the following prayers did Juvenal consider to be pointless?
(a) The prayer for wealth.
(b) The prayer for long life.
(c) The prayer for wisdom.
(d) The prayer for good health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
2. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
3. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
4. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
5. How did Pompey finally die?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)