|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
2. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
4. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(c) Muscular strength.
5. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Guilty men.
(b) Virtuous men.
(c) Desperate men.
(d) Noble men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
2. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
3. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
4. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
5. Which of the following illnesses threatened to destroy Pompey?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)