|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
2. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
(a) Because they were too worried about money.
(b) Because the muses refused to visit them.
(c) Because art was not appreciated.
(d) Because they were blinded by their own egos.
3. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
4. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
5. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A grouse.
(b) A boar.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
2. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
3. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
4. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)