|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
2. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) There was too much violence in Rome.
(c) There were no jobs in Rome.
(d) His heart had been broken in Rome.
3. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
4. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
5. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A theater.
(b) A university.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
2. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
4. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
5. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)