|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By blowing kisses.
(b) By shouting greetings.
(c) By saluting.
(d) By waving.
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(b) Muscular strength.
3. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A university.
(b) A library.
(c) A theater.
(d) A hospital.
4. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
5. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
2. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
3. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
4. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
5. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)