|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To pitch sales.
(b) To square debts.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To showcase friendships.
2. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
(a) Julius Caesar.
3. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) There were no jobs in Rome.
(b) There was too much violence in Rome.
(c) His heart had been broken in Rome.
(d) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
4. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His niece.
5. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
2. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
3. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
4. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
5. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)