|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(c) Muscular strength.
3. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
4. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
(a) A clay goblet.
(b) A plain glass goblet.
(c) A gem-encrusted goblet.
(d) A solid gold goblet.
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A sea snake.
(c) A giant fish.
(d) An urchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
2. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
3. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
4. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
5. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)