|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
2. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
3. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
4. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By waving.
(b) By blowing kisses.
(c) By shouting greetings.
(d) By saluting.
5. Which of the following illnesses threatened to destroy Pompey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
2. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
4. Schoolboys in Juvenal's village prayed for the eloquence of which of the following?
5. According to Juvenal, which of the following flower types drew men naturally?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)