|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
2. During the reign of which of the following were many Romans separated from their wealth and their assets seized?
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Privy Council.
(d) The Ladies in Waiting.
4. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A sea snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
2. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
4. In Juvenal's opinion, which form of inheritance was most dangerous?
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)