|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
(a) Their value.
(b) Their good looks.
(c) Their performance.
(d) Their purity.
2. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) There were no jobs in Rome.
(c) There was too much violence in Rome.
(d) His heart had been broken in Rome.
3. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
4. During the reign of which of the following were many Romans separated from their wealth and their assets seized?
5. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
4. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
5. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)