|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics was Blandus' only claim to nobility?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His pedigree.
(c) His title.
(d) His virtue.
2. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Biblical stories.
(b) Shakespearean plays.
(c) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(d) Greek mythology.
3. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
4. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(d) Muscular strength.
5. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
3. Which of the following actions did Juvenal label as "pointless and destructive"?
4. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
5. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)