|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Noble men.
(b) Guilty men.
(c) Virtuous men.
(d) Desperate men.
2. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
3. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
4. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
5. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
2. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
5. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)