|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
(a) The Bronze Era.
(b) The Platinum Era.
(c) The Gold Era.
(d) The Silver Era.
2. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
(a) For the pursuit of love.
(b) For an adventure.
(c) He has been fired.
(d) For more money.
3. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
(c) History writer.
(d) Speech writer.
4. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
5. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
2. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
3. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
4. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
5. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)