|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
2. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Ladies in Waiting.
(d) The Queen.
4. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
5. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
2. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
3. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
4. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
5. In Juvenal's opinion, which form of inheritance was most dangerous?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)