|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Virro want Naevolus killed?
(a) For betraying him.
(b) For stealing from him.
(c) For lying to him.
(d) For threatening him.
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following types of men would a good ruler NOT torment?
(a) Virtuous men.
(b) Noble men.
(c) Guilty men.
(d) Desperate men.
3. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
4. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of food and wine.
(b) The gods of love.
(c) The gods of war.
(d) The gods of music.
5. In Juvenal's opinion, which form of inheritance was most dangerous?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
2. Which of the following prayers did Juvenal consider to be pointless?
3. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
4. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
5. According to Juvenal, which of the following flower types drew men naturally?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)