|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
3. Which of the following characteristics did Juvenal dislike most in women?
4. Who eloped with Eppia?
(a) A swordsman.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A wheat farmer.
(d) A blacksmith.
5. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
(a) For an adventure.
(b) He has been fired.
(c) For more money.
(d) For the pursuit of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
2. Which of the following countries claimed that Rome had "monstrous morals"?
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
4. In Juvenal's opinion, which form of inheritance was most dangerous?
5. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)