|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A university.
(b) A theater.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A library.
2. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By blowing kisses.
(b) By waving.
(c) By shouting greetings.
(d) By saluting.
3. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
(a) A drunken wife.
(b) A musical wife.
(c) A well-read wife.
(d) A gossiping wife.
4. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Koran.
5. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
3. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
4. What did Juvenal claim women to crave?
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)