|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To ensure great service.
(b) To display wealth.
(c) To prevent theft.
(d) To converse.
2. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
3. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Koran.
4. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
5. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
2. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
3. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
4. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
5. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)