|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
2. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His niece.
(d) His sister.
3. What did Juvenal claim women to crave?
4. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was banished.
(c) She was buried alive.
(d) She was stoned.
5. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
2. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
3. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
4. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
5. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)