|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
2. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
(c) Helvidus Priscus.
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A sea snake.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) A lobster.
(d) An urchin.
4. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
5. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
2. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
3. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
4. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)