|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
2. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
3. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(a) Cross dressers.
5. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
2. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
4. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)