|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
2. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A priestess.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A school teacher.
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A lobster.
(b) An urchin.
(c) A sea snake.
(d) A giant fish.
4. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
5. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
(a) Cross the sea.
(b) Give up her dowry.
(c) Alleviate boredom.
(d) Make the man a father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
2. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
4. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
5. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)