|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Privy Council.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Jester.
(d) The Queen.
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(b) Muscular strength.
3. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
4. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His niece.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
5. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
4. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
5. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)