|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(d) The poor.
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To prevent theft.
(b) To display wealth.
(c) To converse.
(d) To ensure great service.
3. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
4. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 20 copper coins.
(b) 40 silver coins.
(c) 10 francs.
(d) 60 gold pieces.
5. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
Short Answer Questions
1. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
2. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
4. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
5. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)