|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was stoned.
(b) She was banished.
(c) She was drowned.
(d) She was buried alive.
2. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
3. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
4. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Odyssey.
5. What did Juvenal claim women to crave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
2. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
3. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
4. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
5. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)