|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Koran.
2. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He died in battle.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He accidentally poisoned himself.
3. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
4. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Shakespearean plays.
(b) Biblical stories.
(c) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(d) Greek mythology.
5. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
(a) A musical wife.
(b) A drunken wife.
(c) A well-read wife.
(d) A gossiping wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
2. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
3. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
4. Who eloped with Eppia?
5. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)