|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was banished.
(b) She was buried alive.
(c) She was drowned.
(d) She was stoned.
2. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His niece.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(c) The poor.
4. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 20 copper coins.
(b) 60 gold pieces.
(c) 10 francs.
(d) 40 silver coins.
5. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
(a) Because art was not appreciated.
(b) Because they were too worried about money.
(c) Because the muses refused to visit them.
(d) Because they were blinded by their own egos.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
3. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
4. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
5. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)