|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Chicken hearts.
(b) Beef liver.
(c) Fresh fruit.
2. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A sea snake.
(b) A lobster.
(c) A giant fish.
(d) An urchin.
4. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To converse.
(b) To ensure great service.
(c) To display wealth.
(d) To prevent theft.
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
2. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
3. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
5. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)