|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
2. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A sea snake.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) A lobster.
(d) An urchin.
4. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) There was too much violence in Rome.
(c) There were no jobs in Rome.
(d) His heart had been broken in Rome.
5. Which of the following adjectives did Nieobe use to describe herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
2. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
3. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
4. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
5. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)