|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was buried alive.
(b) She was drowned.
(c) She was stoned.
(d) She was banished.
2. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By waving.
(b) By saluting.
(c) By blowing kisses.
(d) By shouting greetings.
3. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
4. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
(a) The Gold Era.
(b) The Platinum Era.
(c) The Bronze Era.
(d) The Silver Era.
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(a) Discobulous Myron.
(b) Palatium Place.
(c) Esquiline Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
2. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
4. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
5. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)