|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Iliad.
2. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
(a) He was apathetic.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was proud of him.
(d) He was disappointed.
3. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
4. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Beef liver.
(c) Chicken hearts.
(d) Fresh fruit.
5. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
2. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
3. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
4. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
5. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)