|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Fertility rites.
(b) Marriage rites.
(c) Justice rites.
(d) Athletic rites.
2. Who is the narrator of this novel?
3. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
4. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A gifted musician.
(b) A war general.
(c) A dangerous criminal.
(d) A martyr.
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(b) Discobulous Myron.
(c) Palatium Place.
(d) Esquiline Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
3. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
4. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
5. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)