|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) His heart had been broken in Rome.
(b) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(c) There was too much violence in Rome.
(d) There were no jobs in Rome.
2. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
3. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(b) Fresh fruit.
(c) Beef liver.
(d) Chicken hearts.
4. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
(a) Cross the sea.
(b) Alleviate boredom.
(c) Give up her dowry.
(d) Make the man a father.
5. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of war.
(b) The gods of love.
(c) The gods of food and wine.
(d) The gods of music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
2. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
3. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
4. Who eloped with Eppia?
5. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)