|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
2. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
(a) Give up her dowry.
(b) Cross the sea.
(c) Make the man a father.
(d) Alleviate boredom.
3. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
4. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
5. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Chicken hearts.
(b) Beef liver.
(d) Fresh fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
3. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
4. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
5. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)