|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
2. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 20 copper coins.
(b) 40 silver coins.
(c) 10 francs.
(d) 60 gold pieces.
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of war.
(b) The gods of love.
(c) The gods of music.
(d) The gods of food and wine.
4. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
2. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
3. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
4. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
5. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)