|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eloped with Eppia?
(a) A wheat farmer.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A swordsman.
2. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was buried alive.
(c) She was stoned.
(d) She was banished.
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of war.
(b) The gods of music.
(c) The gods of food and wine.
(d) The gods of love.
4. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
(a) Make the man a father.
(b) Alleviate boredom.
(c) Give up her dowry.
(d) Cross the sea.
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
2. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
3. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
4. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
5. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)