|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
2. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
3. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 32 BC.
(b) 43 AD.
(c) 89 AD.
(d) 12 BC.
4. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Privy Council.
5. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Biblical stories.
(b) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(c) Greek mythology.
(d) Shakespearean plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
2. Who is the narrator of this novel?
3. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
4. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
5. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)