|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) Beef liver.
(c) Chicken hearts.
2. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are mocked.
(b) They are ignored.
(c) They are pitied.
(d) They are heralded.
3. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
4. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
5. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Fertility rites.
(b) Justice rites.
(c) Marriage rites.
(d) Athletic rites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
2. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
3. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
4. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
5. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)