|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) His heart had been broken in Rome.
(c) There were no jobs in Rome.
(d) There was too much violence in Rome.
2. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A priestess.
3. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) He died in battle.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He accidentally poisoned himself.
4. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
5. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
2. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
3. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
4. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
5. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)