|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Juvenal claim to be a smarter action than marriage?
2. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
3. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
4. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Biblical stories.
(b) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(c) Greek mythology.
(d) Shakespearean plays.
5. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
2. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
3. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
4. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
5. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)