|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
2. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Justice rites.
(b) Fertility rites.
(c) Marriage rites.
(d) Athletic rites.
3. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
(a) The Silver Era.
(b) The Gold Era.
(c) The Platinum Era.
(d) The Bronze Era.
4. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
5. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A dangerous criminal.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A war general.
(d) A gifted musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
2. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
3. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
4. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
5. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)