|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
2. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
3. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
4. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A sea snake.
5. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are pitied.
(b) They are heralded.
(c) They are mocked.
(d) They are ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
3. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
4. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
5. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)