|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was stoned.
(b) She was drowned.
(c) She was buried alive.
(d) She was banished.
2. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By waving.
(b) By blowing kisses.
(c) By saluting.
(d) By shouting greetings.
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(d) The poor.
4. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Privy Council.
(d) The Ladies in Waiting.
5. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
2. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
3. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
4. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
5. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)