|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Ladies in Waiting.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Privy Council.
(d) The Jester.
2. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
3. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
4. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
5. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
2. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
3. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
4. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
5. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)