|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
2. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
3. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
4. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) There was too much violence in Rome.
(c) There were no jobs in Rome.
(d) His heart had been broken in Rome.
5. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A priestess.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
2. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
3. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
4. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
5. How was Domitian killed?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)