|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By blowing kisses.
(b) By saluting.
(c) By shouting greetings.
(d) By waving.
2. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
3. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
4. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Privy Council.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Jester.
(d) The Queen.
5. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
2. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
4. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)