|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
2. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(b) Biblical stories.
(c) Shakespearean plays.
(d) Greek mythology.
3. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
4. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
5. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
2. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
3. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
4. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
5. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)