|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Ladies in Waiting.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Jester.
(d) The Privy Council.
3. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
4. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A queen.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A priestess.
5. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(c) Cross dressers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
2. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
3. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
4. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
5. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)