|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
3. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
4. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His niece.
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this novel?
2. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
4. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
5. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)