|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Marriage rites.
(b) Justice rites.
(c) Athletic rites.
(d) Fertility rites.
2. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) His heart had been broken in Rome.
(c) There were no jobs in Rome.
(d) There was too much violence in Rome.
3. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
4. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
5. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)