|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) An urchin.
(b) A lobster.
(c) A giant fish.
(d) A sea snake.
2. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 60 gold pieces.
(b) 10 francs.
(c) 40 silver coins.
(d) 20 copper coins.
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Jester.
(d) The Privy Council.
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
5. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Domitian killed?
2. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
3. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
4. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
5. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)