|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
2. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 40 silver coins.
(b) 60 gold pieces.
(c) 20 copper coins.
(d) 10 francs.
3. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The religious.
(d) The poor.
4. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Marriage rites.
(b) Athletic rites.
(c) Justice rites.
(d) Fertility rites.
5. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
2. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
4. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
5. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)