|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
2. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
4. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
5. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His niece.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
2. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
3. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
4. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
5. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)