|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
2. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Justice rites.
(b) Fertility rites.
(c) Marriage rites.
(d) Athletic rites.
3. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was apathetic.
(c) He was disappointed.
(d) He was proud of him.
4. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was stoned.
(c) She was banished.
(d) She was buried alive.
5. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
2. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
3. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
4. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
5. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)