|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Marriage rites.
(b) Justice rites.
(c) Athletic rites.
(d) Fertility rites.
2. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
3. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
4. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
2. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
3. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
4. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
5. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)