|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A queen.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A priestess.
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of music.
(b) The gods of food and wine.
(c) The gods of love.
(d) The gods of war.
4. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Ladies in Waiting.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Jester.
5. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(b) Cross dressers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
4. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)