|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
2. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
4. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Shakespearean plays.
(b) Biblical stories.
(c) Greek mythology.
(d) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
5. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of food and wine.
(b) The gods of music.
(c) The gods of love.
(d) The gods of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
2. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
3. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
5. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)