|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A sea snake.
(b) A giant fish.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A lobster.
4. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
5. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
2. Who is the narrator of this novel?
3. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
4. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
5. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)