|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are mocked.
(d) They are heralded.
2. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
(a) He was proud of him.
(b) He was apathetic.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was disappointed.
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
5. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
3. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
4. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
5. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)