|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The religious.
(d) The poor.
2. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are mocked.
(b) They are ignored.
(c) They are heralded.
(d) They are pitied.
3. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(a) Cross dressers.
5. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
2. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
4. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
5. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)