|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 89 AD.
(b) 12 BC.
(c) 32 BC.
(d) 43 AD.
2. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of love.
(b) The gods of food and wine.
(c) The gods of war.
(d) The gods of music.
3. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
4. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
5. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
2. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
4. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)