|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
2. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
3. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
4. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
5. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(b) The religious.
(d) The poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
2. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
3. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
4. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
5. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)