|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
2. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 32 BC.
(b) 43 AD.
(c) 12 BC.
(d) 89 AD.
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of war.
(b) The gods of love.
(c) The gods of food and wine.
(d) The gods of music.
4. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
2. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
3. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
4. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
5. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)