|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Marriage rites.
(b) Justice rites.
(c) Fertility rites.
(d) Athletic rites.
2. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 43 AD.
(b) 89 AD.
(c) 32 BC.
(d) 12 BC.
3. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
4. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
5. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
2. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
3. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
5. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)