|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of love.
(b) The gods of war.
(c) The gods of food and wine.
(d) The gods of music.
2. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Justice rites.
(b) Marriage rites.
(c) Fertility rites.
(d) Athletic rites.
3. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
4. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
5. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
2. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
4. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
5. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)