|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
2. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Greek mythology.
(b) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(c) Shakespearean plays.
(d) Biblical stories.
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(b) The poor.
4. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
2. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
3. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
4. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
5. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)