|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
2. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(b) Shakespearean plays.
(c) Biblical stories.
(d) Greek mythology.
3. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The poor.
(b) The religious.
4. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
5. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
2. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
4. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
5. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)