|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(a) Muscular strength.
3. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Koran.
4. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
5. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
3. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
4. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
5. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)