|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
3. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are heralded.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are mocked.
(d) They are ignored.
4. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(c) Cross dressers.
5. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
3. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
4. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
5. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)