|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are heralded.
(c) They are pitied.
(d) They are mocked.
3. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
4. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
5. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(b) Muscular strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
2. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)