|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
2. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
3. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are heralded.
(d) They are mocked.
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(b) The poor.
5. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
2. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
3. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
4. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
5. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)