|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this novel?
2. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
3. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
4. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Biblical stories.
(b) Greek mythology.
(c) Shakespearean plays.
(d) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
5. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
2. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
4. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
5. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)