|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of music.
(b) The gods of love.
(c) The gods of war.
(d) The gods of food and wine.
2. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
3. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
4. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
5. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Shakespearean plays.
(b) Greek mythology.
(c) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(d) Biblical stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
2. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
3. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
5. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)