|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Iliad.
(d) The Odyssey.
2. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
3. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
4. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
5. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
2. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
5. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)