|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
(a) The religious.
(b) The poor.
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
3. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
(a) Biblical stories.
(b) Egyptian hieroglyphics.
(c) Greek mythology.
(d) Shakespearean plays.
4. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) There were no jobs in Rome.
(b) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(c) There was too much violence in Rome.
(d) His heart had been broken in Rome.
5. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
2. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
3. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
4. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)