|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His niece.
(d) His sister.
3. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
4. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Justice rites.
(b) Fertility rites.
(c) Athletic rites.
(d) Marriage rites.
5. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
2. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
3. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
4. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
5. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)