|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Lateranus give for his immoral behavior?
(a) His age.
(b) His race.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His weight.
2. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe men who spent their lives in squalor only to die millionaires?
3. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Privy Council.
(d) The Jester.
4. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A grouse.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A boar.
(d) A donkey.
5. What type of plates did soldiers eat off of at Juvenal's dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
2. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
3. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
4. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
5. What type of material did men in Rome use to construct their tables before the city grew rich from war?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)