|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Ladies in Waiting.
(d) The Queen.
2. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of music.
(b) The gods of war.
(c) The gods of love.
(d) The gods of food and wine.
4. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
(a) Rome was not exciting enough to live in.
(b) There was too much violence in Rome.
(c) There were no jobs in Rome.
(d) His heart had been broken in Rome.
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(b) Palatium Place.
(c) Esquiline Hill.
(d) Discobulous Myron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
2. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
3. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
4. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
5. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)