|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following cities had Juvenal's friend, Umbricius recently moved?
2. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A lobster.
(b) An urchin.
(c) A giant fish.
(d) A sea snake.
3. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
4. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His niece.
(d) His wife.
5. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
(a) They are heralded.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are mocked.
(d) They are ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
2. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
5. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)