|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
2. Which of the following facts did Juvenal NOT brag about over his dinner with Persicus?
(a) His bedding being thin.
(b) His servant being a novice.
(c) His meal being meager.
(d) His cups being very cheap.
3. Which of the following elements earned praise for thoroughbreds?
(a) Their good looks.
(b) Their value.
(c) Their performance.
(d) Their purity.
4. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
5. Who was Naevolus' lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
2. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
3. Which of the following item types concerned gourmands the most?
4. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
5. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)