|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
2. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
3. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
4. How did Pompey finally die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He drowned.
(c) He was decapitated.
(d) He fell to his death.
5. According to Juvenal, which type of envy would get a man overthrown quickly?
(a) Envy of wealth.
(b) Envy of heirs.
(c) Envy of love.
(d) Envy of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
2. How was Domitian killed?
3. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
4. During which age of mankind did Juvenal live?
5. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)