|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
2. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
(a) Cross the sea.
(b) Give up her dowry.
(c) Make the man a father.
(d) Alleviate boredom.
3. Why did many men who borrowed money from Rome flee the city?
(a) To spend the money that they borrowed in an entrepreneurial way.
(b) To imply that they were wealthy to those outside of Rome.
(c) To avoid paying back their debts.
(d) To hide the shame of borrowing.
4. Who was Naevolus' lover?
5. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following eras was rife with adultery?
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
3. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
4. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
5. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)