|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this novel?
2. What does the narrator believe is wasted when producing bad play-writing?
3. Which of the following prayers did Juvenal consider to be pointless?
(a) The prayer for wisdom.
(b) The prayer for wealth.
(c) The prayer for good health.
(d) The prayer for long life.
4. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
5. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
(a) Lion hunt.
(b) Gladiator fight.
(c) Dice roll.
(d) Deep sea fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Juvenal heard that Catullus was returning home, he said that that day was happier than which other day?
2. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
3. What was the name of the famous gourmand in Satire XI?
4. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)