|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
(a) A musical wife.
(b) A well-read wife.
(c) A gossiping wife.
(d) A drunken wife.
2. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Athletic rites.
(b) Marriage rites.
(c) Justice rites.
(d) Fertility rites.
3. Which of the following item types concerned gourmands the most?
(a) Precious metals.
4. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Beef liver.
(b) Chicken hearts.
(c) Fresh fruit.
5. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
2. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
3. Where was the wine that Juvenal served at his dinner party produced?
4. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
5. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)