|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To ensure great service.
(b) To prevent theft.
(c) To converse.
(d) To display wealth.
2. Why did many men who borrowed money from Rome flee the city?
(a) To avoid paying back their debts.
(b) To spend the money that they borrowed in an entrepreneurial way.
(c) To imply that they were wealthy to those outside of Rome.
(d) To hide the shame of borrowing.
3. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A boar.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A grouse.
4. Which of the following men was destroyed for his talent?
5. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(c) Muscular strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men froze when the ship he was riding began to sink?
2. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
3. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
4. According to Juvenal, how did the gods react when men cried out for money?
5. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)