|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of material did men in Rome use to construct their tables before the city grew rich from war?
(a) Baked mud.
(b) Fallen trees.
(c) Pounded metal.
(d) Large stones.
2. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
3. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
4. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
(a) Expensive wine.
(b) White wine.
(c) Rough wine.
(d) Vintage wine.
5. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Privy Council.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Jester.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men upheld the "Family Encouragement Act"?
2. Which of the following adjectives did Juvenal use to describe Blandus?
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal compare to Nero?
4. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
5. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)