|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
(a) His belongings.
(b) The anchor.
2. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
3. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
4. Which of the following words did Juvenal use to describe the negative effect that inheritances had on an individual?
5. Which of the following types of wives was worst in Juvenal's eyes?
(a) A drunken wife.
(b) A well-read wife.
(c) A gossiping wife.
(d) A musical wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
2. Which of the following crimes did Persicus accuse Juvenal of committing?
3. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
4. With which of the following friends did Juvenal rejoice over Catullus' return?
5. Which of the following item types concerned gourmands the most?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)