|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By blowing kisses.
(b) By saluting.
(c) By shouting greetings.
(d) By waving.
2. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
(a) Gladiator fight.
(b) Dice roll.
(c) Lion hunt.
(d) Deep sea fishing.
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
4. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(d) Muscular strength.
5. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
2. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
3. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
4. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
5. Who called on Blandus to earn the respect of the town through his actions?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)