|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
2. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Marriage rites.
(b) Justice rites.
(c) Fertility rites.
(d) Athletic rites.
3. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
4. How many sons did Catullus have?
5. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
(a) At the temple.
(b) At the school.
(c) At the market.
(d) At the infirmary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
2. What did Calvinus want to happen to the man who had stolen his money?
3. Which of the following did Catullus throw overboard to prevent the ship from sinking?
4. Which of the following events typically involved gourmands?
5. Which of the following men experienced a Divine blessing that nullified all of his immoral actions?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)