|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To converse.
(b) To prevent theft.
(c) To display wealth.
(d) To ensure great service.
2. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
(a) A clay goblet.
(b) A plain glass goblet.
(c) A gem-encrusted goblet.
(d) A solid gold goblet.
3. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
5. During which age of mankind did Juvenal live?
(a) The Ninth Age.
(b) The Sixth Age.
(c) The Seventh Age.
(d) The Eighth Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Naevolus' lover?
2. Which of the following prayers did Juvenal consider to be pointless?
3. Which of the following groups of people questioned Juvenal's motives upon Catullus' return?
4. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
5. Why did people in Rome mock gourmands?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)