|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 12 BC.
(b) 32 BC.
(c) 43 AD.
(d) 89 AD.
2. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
3. Which of the following gods was described as a "beardless strapling"?
4. In Juvenal's opinion, how did the morals of ancient men compare to the morals of modern men?
(a) Morals were equally strict in both ancient and modern times.
(b) Morals were stricter in ancient times.
(c) Morals were equally lax in both ancient and modern times.
(d) Morals are stricter in modern times.
5. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men did NOT have to bury one of his children?
2. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
3. In which building did Juvenal suggest that Calvinus spend a few days in order to get some perspective on his life?
4. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
5. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)