|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
2. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
3. In which building did Juvenal suggest that Calvinus spend a few days in order to get some perspective on his life?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The jail.
(c) The church.
(d) The courthouse.
4. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
(a) He was disappointed.
(b) He was apathetic.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was proud of him.
5. Which of the following illnesses threatened to destroy Pompey?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Juvenal's age of mankind, what did he claim to not have a mental base in men?
2. In which city was the sinking ship harbor?
3. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
4. What did Calvinus want to happen to the man who had stolen his money?
5. To which goddess did women pray in the hope of giving birth to attractive children?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)