|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
2. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
3. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Koran.
4. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A theater.
(b) A university.
(c) A library.
(d) A hospital.
5. What type of plates did soldiers eat off of at Juvenal's dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did people in Rome mock gourmands?
2. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
3. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
4. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
5. Which of the following did the captain of the sinking ship trust for safety?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)