|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
2. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
3. Which of the following actions was NOT something that Juvenal claimed that a wife would do for a lover but not for a husband?
(a) Make the man a father.
(b) Give up her dowry.
(c) Cross the sea.
(d) Alleviate boredom.
4. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the true test of nobility?
5. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
2. According to Juvenal, how did the gods react when men cried out for money?
3. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
4. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
5. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)