|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Calvinus feel about the money that he had lost?
(a) He was apathetic.
(b) He was devastated.
(c) He was angered.
(d) He was confused.
2. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Beef liver.
(c) Chicken hearts.
(d) Fresh fruit.
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A giant fish.
(b) A sea snake.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A lobster.
4. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
5. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
2. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
3. How was Domitian killed?
4. Who returned to Heaven with Chastity?
5. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)