|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this novel?
2. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
3. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To entertain.
(b) To square debts.
(c) To pitch sales.
(d) To showcase friendships.
4. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
5. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
2. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
3. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
5. How was Domitian killed?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)