|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 89 AD.
(b) 43 AD.
(c) 12 BC.
(d) 32 BC.
2. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
3. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
(a) Expensive wine.
(b) Vintage wine.
(c) White wine.
(d) Rough wine.
4. Who is known as the Goddess of Fertility?
5. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
2. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
3. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
4. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
5. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)