|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To pitch sales.
(b) To square debts.
(c) To showcase friendships.
(d) To entertain.
2. According to Juvenal, which of the following will inherit the longings and vices of the world?
3. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He died in battle.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He accidentally poisoned himself.
4. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
5. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Ladies in Waiting.
(d) The Privy Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
2. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
3. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
4. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
5. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)