|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
2. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
3. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
4. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By shouting greetings.
(b) By waving.
(c) By saluting.
(d) By blowing kisses.
5. Which of the following activities is NOT a type of immorality discussed in the opening chapter of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters poisons for a living?
2. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
4. What does Juvenal think that a temple should be built to honor?
5. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)