|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A giant fish.
(b) A sea snake.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A lobster.
2. Who is known as the Goddess of Agriculture?
3. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
4. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of love.
(b) The gods of war.
(c) The gods of food and wine.
(d) The gods of music.
5. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
(a) Palatium Place.
(b) Discobulous Myron.
(d) Esquiline Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
3. How did Juvenal feel about Umbricius' move from Rome?
4. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
5. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)