|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters was best characterized as a cheapskate?
2. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A priestess.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A queen.
3. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
4. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
(a) A gem-encrusted goblet.
(b) A clay goblet.
(c) A solid gold goblet.
(d) A plain glass goblet.
5. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) Chicken hearts.
(d) Beef liver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
2. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
3. Which of the following groups of people does Juvenal describe as being greedy?
4. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
5. How were the poor within Roman society treated?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)