|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
2. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(b) Chicken hearts.
(c) Beef liver.
(d) Fresh fruit.
3. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
4. What did Umbricius claim to be the only thing that could get a man out of trouble in the court system?
(c) Muscular strength.
5. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Koran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
3. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
4. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)