|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Beef liver.
(b) Chicken hearts.
(d) Fresh fruit.
2. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Jester.
(b) The Privy Council.
(c) The Ladies in Waiting.
(d) The Queen.
3. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
4. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
(a) To square debts.
(b) To pitch sales.
(c) To entertain.
(d) To showcase friendships.
5. What does Juvenal claim propelled him to write and share his creation with the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives did Umbricius use to describe himself?
2. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
3. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
4. How would Juvenal rate his own writing skills?
5. In the text, which of the following substances makes up the statue of Apollo?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)