|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of war.
(b) The gods of music.
(c) The gods of love.
(d) The gods of food and wine.
2. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) Chicken hearts.
(d) Beef liver.
3. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 32 BC.
(b) 12 BC.
(c) 43 AD.
(d) 89 AD.
4. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
5. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following genres does Juvenal write in?
2. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
3. Which of the following seafood types was considered to be the greatest delicacy?
4. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
5. What does the narrator claim is being recycled in bad play-writing?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)