|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
2. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
3. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of music.
(b) The gods of food and wine.
(c) The gods of love.
(d) The gods of war.
4. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
(a) Vintage wine.
(b) Rough wine.
(c) Expensive wine.
(d) White wine.
5. Which of the following colors is symbolic of honor to the Greek gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
2. What reason did Umbricius give for his departure from Rome?
3. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
4. Which of the following texts did Juvenal frequently refer to in his discussions with Umbricius?
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)