|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius claim to have walked the streets looking for a fight?
(a) The poor.
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To ensure great service.
(b) To converse.
(c) To display wealth.
(d) To prevent theft.
3. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His niece.
(d) His wife.
4. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
(a) Julius Caesar.
5. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was drowned.
(b) She was banished.
(c) She was buried alive.
(d) She was stoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
2. Which of the following groups of people did Umbricius consider to be the most dishonest?
3. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
4. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
5. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)