|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(d) Cross dressers.
2. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
3. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
4. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
5. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
2. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
3. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
4. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
5. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)