|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
2. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
3. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
4. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
(b) History writer.
(c) Speech writer.
5. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 20 copper coins.
(b) 60 gold pieces.
(c) 10 francs.
(d) 40 silver coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
2. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
3. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
4. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
5. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)