|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
(a) Because they were too worried about money.
(b) Because art was not appreciated.
(c) Because the muses refused to visit them.
(d) Because they were blinded by their own egos.
2. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
3. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
(a) She was banished.
(b) She was stoned.
(c) She was drowned.
(d) She was buried alive.
4. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A theater.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A university.
(d) A library.
5. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
(a) 32 BC.
(b) 43 AD.
(c) 12 BC.
(d) 89 AD.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
2. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
3. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
4. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)