|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Virro want Naevolus killed?
(a) For lying to him.
(b) For threatening him.
(c) For betraying him.
(d) For stealing from him.
2. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
(a) He is irate.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is proud.
3. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
4. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
5. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
(a) He has been fired.
(b) For the pursuit of love.
(c) For an adventure.
(d) For more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Naevolus father with his lover's wife?
2. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
3. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
4. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
5. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)