|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire IV, who did the king call when he could not find a plate large enough for his meal?
(a) The Privy Council.
(b) The Ladies in Waiting.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Jester.
2. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
3. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A war general.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A dangerous criminal.
(d) A gifted musician.
4. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A grouse.
(c) A boar.
(d) A vulture.
5. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
(a) Justice rites.
(b) Athletic rites.
(c) Marriage rites.
(d) Fertility rites.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Naevolus' lover react to the news that his wife was pregnant by another man?
2. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
3. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
4. What was Trebius served for his main course at the dinner party?
5. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)