|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
2. Which of the following goddesses was NOT a muse?
3. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
4. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A grouse.
(d) A boar.
5. In Juvenal's village, which of the following groups of people often pretended to have money in order to gain clients?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
2. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
3. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
4. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
5. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)