|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Domitian killed?
(a) He was drowned.
(b) He accidentally poisoned himself.
(c) He died in battle.
(d) He was assassinated.
2. Why were waiters assigned to each of the guests at the dinner party?
(a) To display wealth.
(b) To converse.
(c) To prevent theft.
(d) To ensure great service.
3. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A sea snake.
(c) An urchin.
(d) A giant fish.
4. Which of the following women types did Crispinus seduce?
(a) A queen.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) A priestess.
(d) A goddess.
5. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters spent his days dreaming of battle?
2. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
3. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
4. What was the name of the manor where Virrio lived?
5. Which of the following men did Juvenal consider a "dandy"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)