|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of food and wine.
(b) The gods of love.
(c) The gods of war.
(d) The gods of music.
2. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
(a) A solid gold goblet.
(b) A gem-encrusted goblet.
(c) A plain glass goblet.
(d) A clay goblet.
3. Why did Naevolus leave his comfortable job in town?
(a) For the pursuit of love.
(b) For an adventure.
(c) He has been fired.
(d) For more money.
4. Which of the following emperors was the only one who respected the muses?
5. Which of the following crimes was Emperor Otho accused of committing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
3. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
4. Why were artists unable to revel in their artistry?
5. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)