|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A boar.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A grouse.
2. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
(d) Julius Caesar.
3. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A war general.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A dangerous criminal.
(d) A gifted musician.
4. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
5. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
2. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
3. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
4. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
5. What type of goblet did Virro drink from at the dinner party?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)