|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 60 gold pieces.
(b) 20 copper coins.
(c) 40 silver coins.
(d) 10 francs.
2. What name did Juvenal give Crispinus after hearing about his infamous seduction?
3. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
4. What did Juvenal claim to be the single force that ruled mankind?
5. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
2. How was the woman seduced by Crispinus punished for her immoral action?
3. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
4. In Satire IV, which of the following characters did NOT advise the king about his exceptionally large meal?
5. How was Domitian killed?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)