|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His niece.
2. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
(a) A grouse.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A boar.
3. Where did Naevolus work before leaving his job?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the infirmary.
(c) At the market.
(d) At the temple.
4. Which of the following groups of gods did Juvenal suggest should step in to stop the promiscuous atrocities affecting his society?
(a) The gods of love.
(b) The gods of war.
(c) The gods of music.
(d) The gods of food and wine.
5. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
(a) A dangerous criminal.
(b) A war general.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A gifted musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following characters was Emperor Otho compared?
2. Which writer type toiled most in Juvenal's society?
3. Among which of the following animal breeds was Virgil accused of spreading disease?
4. What changed in Naevolus' appearance during the time that he and Juvenal were friends?
5. Which herb did Juvenal advise Naevolus to chew as an aphrodisiac?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)