|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By waving.
(b) By saluting.
(c) By blowing kisses.
(d) By shouting greetings.
2. Who was the dinner party host in Satire V?
3. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
4. Which of the following men was married to a fellow male performer?
5. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following rites did Juvenal mock, claiming them to lack a relation to women?
2. Which herb did Juvenal advise Naevolus to chew as an aphrodisiac?
3. Which of the following animal types was Meleager?
4. Why did Lords invite clients over for dinner?
5. Which of the following gifts did the fisherman in Satire IV take as an offering to the king?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)