|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Satire II, with which of the following relatives was the condemned man accused of having an inappropriate relationship?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His niece.
2. Which of the following items were referred to as "gallica"?
3. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
4. What institution did Augustus build in Rome?
(a) A theater.
(b) A library.
(c) A university.
(d) A hospital.
5. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 10 francs.
(b) 60 gold pieces.
(c) 20 copper coins.
(d) 40 silver coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the slave-boy who was given as a gift to Virgil?
2. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
3. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
4. What type of wine did Trebius drink at the dinner party?
5. According to Naevolus, the animal smoothed with which of the following was most dangerous?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)