|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Virro want Naevolus killed?
(a) For stealing from him.
(b) For betraying him.
(c) For lying to him.
(d) For threatening him.
2. Which herb did Juvenal advise Naevolus to chew as an aphrodisiac?
(c) Gai Lan.
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers did Juvenal call "pansies"?
4. To which city did most Roman artists sell their work?
5. How did Catullus greet incoming coaches?
(a) By saluting.
(b) By blowing kisses.
(c) By shouting greetings.
(d) By waving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Juvenal claim to be the only thing that dictated fortune?
2. How was Domitian killed?
3. Which of the following bird types did Juvenal claim to give birth by mouth?
4. Which of the following was Helvidus Priscus known to be?
5. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)