|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Satire 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Moorish groom?
2. What was the name of the female friend with whom Juvenal discussed immorality?
3. Which of the following gift requests was denied to Naevolus by his lover?
4. What was the price of the red mullet that Crispinus purchased?
(a) 60 gold pieces.
(b) 40 silver coins.
(c) 10 francs.
(d) 20 copper coins.
5. Which of the following groups of people did Juvenal prefer?
(b) Cross dressers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Naevolus' lover?
2. Which of the following characters was served the best bread at the dinner party?
3. During which month of the year did the characters in "The Sixteen Satires" vacation in Saturnalia?
4. During which of the following years did Emperor Domitian rule?
5. In Juvenal's village, which of the following occupations was most likely to make an individual a lot of money?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)